Update on LOML

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Hey fellow sawdust makers!
I know I haven't been on much lately, but some of you know why. My wife took a bad spill going into the garage on the 4th of July and broke one ankle and sprained the other. It has been a long road of recovery, but she is doing much better. As you can imagine with 2 bum ankles, I needed to attend to her pretty much constantly. She got her cast off 2 weeks ago and had 2 of those air cast (boots) that look like downhill ski boots (I told her it made her look like a storm trooper). She started physical therapy a few days later. She made great progress pretty quickly by following their advice and doing the prescribed exercises. Anyhow, the swelling has gone down enough that she can put a shoe on and she is walking now for short distances at least. She still has a few weeks of physical therapy, but I wanted to let you know she is doing better.

thanks for reading,
Will

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Will, That is good news. I am glad she is doing better. Good thing she had a helper like you around!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
That's great news Will. I hope she makes a full recovery soon, must have been very difficult not being able to go anywhere.

DavidF

New User
David
Tell here to take it easy and take full advantage of you in the process! That ankle will remain weak for some time so she will still need to be careful. Glad she's making a full recovery

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Bas - She needed to just get out once in a while, so we worked out a system (I set up a few air matresses downstairs as the bedroom was upstairs - and she is very happy to be sleeping in the bed again). We went from matress to rolling desk chair to garage stairs (she scooted down the stairs and I held her legs) to rolling desk chair again to SUV. (We purchased a wheelchair for $20 on Craigs List ... nice trip to Dunn, NC). Put her in the wheelchair and she can shop to her heart's content :eusa_thin -Maybe I should have thought that through better). We also got an adjustable walker for $4 at Salvation Army. That came in handy when she could put weight on both legs. (She didn't feel stable on crutches because neither leg could take her full weight).

So if anyone needs these items when we are done with them, I'll be glad to give them to you.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Will,

Glad to hear your wife is doing better.

Better keep those crutches around, never know when you might need them. We have used our pair about 5 times since we got them.

Nice of you to take such good care of her maybe she will repay the effort someday. :rotflm:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I sort of know what you and your wife are going through. My wife broke her ankle about 3 weeks ago. But with only one ankle involved, she can get around. She is in an ankle brace, that she can remove at night and to take a shower. I just have to wrap her ankle securely at bed time. Fortunately, I already knew how to do the wrap. But even so, there is much she can't do. And I discovered just how she does every day normally. :swoon::elvis:

Anyway, I am glad that things are getting better

Glennbear

Glenn
I am glad she is mending well Will, in your original thread you did not mention that it was an "at home" spill. I had thought at the time she took a tumble at the tennis courts. My older daughter just broke her hand when falling on the interior steps up to her apartment. This is the same lady who scuba dives, rides motorcycles, snowmobiles. hiked the Alps last year on her honeymoon and two weeks ago completed a 3 day hike in the White Mountains of NH. Apparently "home" is a more dangerous place than we realize !!!! :swoon:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Will,
I've been thinking about you and was wondering how your wife (and yourself:gar-La;) have been making out, I'm glad that everything is turning out well. You've been in our prayers.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
This is excellent news, Will! :eusa_danc

Hope that the LOYL continues uninterrupted in her road to recovery!

Wayne

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
I'm glad to hear that LOYL is back on her feet, Will! Looks like things are getting back to normal....she'll be kicking you in gear before you know it!!:gar-La;

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Good for her and you!
Know how taxing it can be trying to nurse someone. Also know how taxing it can be to BE nursed!
Hope she is up and around soon, sounds like she's getting closerall the time.
Wow isn't it the truth finding out exactly what someone does when they aren't able to be doing it?
Feeding 6 dogs and a guinea pig, making sure I'm up encouraging my son to get up, taking 6 dogs out, making sure I'm still up, ahem er um
I mean BOY I sure appreciate her a lot!
Best to both of you~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS