Upcoming Tool Collectors Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbsed

New User
Ed
Hi all,

There will be a meeting of the NC Area of Mid-West Tool Collectors Association on Saturday, January 13 in Hillsborough, NC. Doors open at 7:30 am with registration, hot coffeee, many antique/traditional mostly hand woodworking tools for sale. Program is on patented planes.

We invite those who share an interest in antique/traditional tools and their use to attend at the guest rate.

This is an excellent opportunity to meet others who share our interest and get some good deals in antique/traditional hand tools.

If you want more information, please feel free to contact me at hobbsed@portbridge.com or 919 828-2754. You can get more info on M-WTCA by going to our national website at Mid-West Tool Collectors Association

Thanks Ed Hobbs, Raleigh, NC

PS... Always looking for an old bandsaw that has a heavier lower wheel. These were likely foot powered at one time. Condition does not matter. Currently have a Crescent 20 in bandsaw being restored to its full foot powered glory.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Thanks for the update Ed. My check for M-WTCA goes in the mail today . . . hope it gets processed in time :oops: Also used your name and Randy on the application for "Recommended by". Hope you don't mind :roll:

Will this meeting be held at Daniel Boone again? IIRC the city/county hasn't decided about the rezoning yet.

Appreciatively,
Roger

M

McRabbet

I got my invitation for the Hillsborough event in the mail today -- sadly, I'll be in the midst of helping my 94 year old mother to move from Florida into a retirement community here in Hendersonville that week and won't be able to make it. But I am looking forward to the visit to Ed's annual barbeque event and, if possible, making the trip to Georgia for the Peach Meet in February.

I took advantage of the M-WTCA offer to make a new membership last 15 months if one joins after October 1st -- I joined in time to go to the Fall National Meeting in Chatanooga in late October (joined Randy Osborne there and met loads of great folks), where I picked up some great deals.

Rob

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Where is the meeting at in Hillsboro ? I'm Interested in going to this session, what is the price for a guest ?

sapwood

New User
Roger
Received my official Certificate and membership card last week. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Look forward to seeing everyone. Good idea about putting NCWWer on nametag, Mark.

:eusa_shhh Chuck. Hand tools don't require DC . . . you may want to keep the POWER TOOL under a tarp :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Received my official Certificate and membership card last week. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Look forward to seeing everyone. Good idea about putting NCWWer on nametag, Mark.

:eusa_shhh Chuck. Hand tools don't require DC . . . you may want to keep the POWER TOOL under a tarp :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger

ROFL...ROFL...man, you got me there Roger. :lol: :lol:

Actually, I was hoping to meet Mark nearby and ask him to put it in HIS truck! I figure that they may be more forgiving of a member's transgressions than a guest. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck

cpowell

New User
Chuck
As long as he brings it. :eusa_danc I'm anxious to get it.

Geesh, it's like a never ending Christmas for you, Mike. What comes next?? Let's see door...dust collector... does the next one start with a 'D' or an "E"?? :lol: :lol:

Chuck

MikeH

New User
Mike
Geesh, it's like a never ending Christmas for you, Mike. What comes next?? Let's see door...dust collector... does the next one start with a 'D' or an "E"?? :lol: :lol:

Chuck

The prices have been right! What can I say? Plus there are a bunch of great people here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS