Under Lathe Storage and a Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate Davey

New User
Nate
It's not cabinet grade, but it is functional. I made this storage unit out of scrap plywood I had laying around. The bottom drawers are my "all things finishing" drawer and the other is for all my lathe stuff. The upper drawers are for pencils, pens, caliper and..... The cupboards have my pen making supplies and my Beall Buff stuff when it shows up. I made all the drawers and doors recessed into the carcass so as not to get a bunch of shaving inside. I still have to turn some knobs, but not in a big hurry.

P10100427.JPG

Finishing_Drawer.jpg

Tool_Drawer1.jpg

While painting the body I heard a strange noise next to the ceiling. I looked up and a humming bird had come in and gotten trapped in the garage. Once she wore herself out, I took her outside and put her in a tree where she recovered and flew off. A wonderful evening.
Shop_Guest_01.jpg

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Very nice setup,beautifull job.Glad you saved the little hummer,we have lots of em,love those little buggers

Rob

New User
Rob
Now that looks cool. Totally different from what I've seen under lathes. Good job.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Excellent work on the storage space and I'm sure that humming bird is thankful to be back outside. :icon_thum

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Not cabinet grade?
I'd give that cabinet a grade of...... well 'O'
'O' for OUTSTANDING !!
(not to be confused with 0 as in one less than one)
Looks nicely thought out, well made, and totally serviceable.
Nice save on the hummingbird BTW!

sawduster

New User
Robert
Nice work bro :icon_thum I guarantee you will only leave a drawer open once :gar-La;

Nice save on the Rufous too :icon_cheers

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Nice job all around.:icon_thum:icon_thum

Tom.
A place for everything and everything in it's place. (who said this anyway)

Wasn't that Mary Poppins? :gar-Bi

Brian.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Nate,

That is Most Excellent~!

I was just thinking of doing something similar, but it sure didn't look that good in my head. NICE JOB.

So one question, does it get in your way when you are turning the outside of a bowl or spindle or pen?

I sorta like to have my leg under my machine, one leg extended under the machine. Or sorta close to the bed when I am turning a pen.
This is the reason I haven't started my storage yet, and so glad I waited. I'm glad I was able to see yours before I made mine.

Thanks for Sharing~!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS