Turning really is a disease!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Ok, so I turned another pen. Not that that is a big deal, but here is a pic.

IMAG0030.jpg

Maple with purpleheart.

Here is where I decided this is a bona-fide disease...I have never really liked the handles that come on screwdrivers, soooo, after finding a post on woodnet about london pattern handles, I cut the handle off an old phillips screwdriver and put this on it.

IMAG0028.jpg

Walnut with a bronze ferrule.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Ok, so I turned another pen. Not that that is a big deal, but here is a pic.

IMAG0030.jpg

Maple with purpleheart.

Here is where I decided this is a bona-fide disease...I have never really liked the handles that come on screwdrivers, soooo, after finding a post on woodnet about london pattern handles, I cut the handle off an old phillips screwdriver and put this on it.

IMAG0028.jpg

Walnut with a bronze ferrule.

Ed,

Nice pen and handle. What are you getting the bronze for the ferrules? I have used copper fittings before and it works pretty good. Really like the london pattern handle. Might have to try a couple.

Mike

nelsone

New User
Ed
Thanks Mike, the ferrules are bronze bushings. I picked up a couple at work, but don't have access to any more. I have another project I'm working on that needs some 3/4" ferrules and I ordered some brass air hose fittings off ebay (hopefully they will be delivered soon, I expected them by now).

Here is a neat article on making the london pattern handles for those that are interested.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Ed you're hooked!!! We talked about how addictive it is and now you been sucked into the turning vortex. Well done......Nice pen and handle too! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I don't get into pens too much, but the screwdriver is something else.

How is it secured into the handle? How is the brass attached to the handle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS