Turned a few more pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Here are 4 pens I just finished up. 1 Cigar and 3 Wall StreetII, all cherry. The Cigar and one next to it are burl, the next one is near a knot, and the 4th one is cross grain.

I am heading to Japan Saturday morning for a week long business trip and these are gifts for a few of the VIPs in the company I'll be meeting with.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Nice Pens, Ed. My favorite is the 'near a knot' one...looks to have some nice figure to it! Have a safe trip and let us know how they were received!

Regards,
Chris

nelsone

New User
Ed
Nice Pens, Ed. My favorite is the 'near a knot' one...looks to have some nice figure to it! Have a safe trip and let us know how they were received!

Regards,
Chris

Must be pen night! The cigar is by far my fav. The grain is fantastic although my photo skills don't show it! The "near knot" is probably my second fav. I wasn't really thrilled with the WSII kit, but on that one I finally got the shape right and it turned out pretty good.

I need to take time to to another inlay, got a design in mind, just haven't had the time to devote to it!

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Must be pen night! The cigar is by far my fav. The grain is fantastic although my photo skills don't show it! The "near knot" is probably my second fav. I wasn't really thrilled with the WSII kit, but on that one I finally got the shape right and it turned out pretty good.

I need to take time to to another inlay, got a design in mind, just haven't had the time to devote to it!

Ha! No kidding(pen night)! I am not a big fan of the WSII kit, either, but I love the new style that they came out with (what I used for the Mother-in-law pen) It is one of my favorite's now.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Great Looking Pens Ed. I am sure the will be very appreciated. I love those cigar kits. I like the Wall Streets as well.

reprosser

New User
Rick
Great pens! I am going to try that Wall Street style next. I picked up a couple of kits and bushings, but forgot the drill bit! :eusa_doh:
So I have a trip to take too...not nearly as far as yours :mrgreen:

nelsone

New User
Ed
Great pens! I am going to try that Wall Street style next. I picked up a couple of kits and bushings, but forgot the drill bit! :eusa_doh:
So I have a trip to take too...not nearly as far as yours :mrgreen:

Nope, not quite as far!!! Here's something to wrap your head around. I fly out of Charlotte at 7:10 Saturday morning and arrive in Tokyo at 2:30 Sunday afternoon! Returning I'll be leaving Tokyo at 4:30 Sunday afternoon and arrive in Charlotte at 5:20 Sunday afternoon, so thankfully the return trip is only 50 minutes!:rolleyes:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Nice pens. I think my favorite is the cross grained one. Good job on all of them:thumbs_up

NC_Horn

Duane
Corporate Member
Nice Pens - they will make great "Presentos" for the VIPs. As I remember from my travels years ago, that is a big thing in that culture. Hope you have a good trip.

Duane

nelsone

New User
Ed
Thanks Guys! Yes, the gift giving is a cultural protocol and I thought the pens would work nicely! I added a label on the boxes stating they were handcrafted (by me:gar-Bi) and are local cherry. I hope they like them!

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Ed those are some fine looking pens:icon_thum.How local is that burl?I've got 12 mahogany pens I've got to turn.Just having a problem getting the blanks drilled:BangHead::BangHead:.Hope you have a safe trip out and back.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
They all look fine to me. :icon_thum I'll have to give the WSII a try. The problem I always have is making the blank the same o.d. as the trim. With that kit it looks like there's 2 less chances to mess up.:gar-La;

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
They all look fine to me. :icon_thum I'll have to give the WSII a try. The problem I always have is making the blank the same o.d. as the trim. With that kit it looks like there's 2 less chances to mess up.:gar-La;

Dennis, you can do what I do. I turn them to just thicker than the bushings and will sand them down to the bushings. I also use my calipers to check the o.d. of the trim on each end and turn to that measurement.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Ed those are some fine looking pens:icon_thum.How local is that burl?I've got 12 mahogany pens I've got to turn.Just having a problem getting the blanks drilled:BangHead::BangHead:.Hope you have a safe trip out and back.

It's real local! You got a couple pend from the same piece!!!:gar-La;

That's the same piece I got from you, last year! Thanks again!

nelsone

New User
Ed
Great gifts :icon_thum

Have a good trip and don't forget your camera!!!

pete

Battery is charging up right now! I hope to have plenty of pics when I get back!!!

I have no doubt you can get it figured out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS