TS Outfeed Table Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeman45

Steve
Senior User
As I prepare to start building my kitchen cabinets this week... I decided I needed to build an outfeed table first. It was built out of scrap pine and cypress and a piece of leftover laminate. Only cost was a sheet of MDF and the levelers. :eusa_danc Due to the sliding table on my saw... I had to engineer an insert. Also installed a shelf to hold the insert when it is removed. The insert locks in and is held down with magnets.

101_1917.JPG

View image in gallery

Insert installed

Insert removed and sliding table forward.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Looks great and a whole lot safer on the outfeed end for those chunks of plywood.:icon_thum

Wayne

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
Sorry Steve. I just shot part of my initial reply into cyber space???? Anyway you made a great looking OF table. Can you share your demensions along with how you attached it to your saw? Looks like you have a Unisaw and I do too.

Thanks
Ray

T

toolferone

Nice looking table. I like the idea of using magnets to hold the extra piece in place. I noticed there is no slot on the table for a miter gauge. Is that because you use the sliding table instead?

blazeman45

Steve
Senior User
Can you share your demensions along with how you attached it to your saw? Looks like you have a Unisaw and I do too.

Ray... It is 56" long x 50" wide...

I dadoed a piece of hard wood the thickness (minus laminate and 1/32") above the angle iron on the back of my saw. I then attached the hardwood to the mdf with biscuits. I installed threaded inserts into the hardwood and then bolted it from the bottom. It is very secure. I will try and take a better pic of that so you can see it.

Tom... Yes I use the sliding table and have yet to need the miter slot... If I do need it down the road I will route it out then.

Thanks for the compliments... I am very happy with it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors