true 4"x4"x4' lumber in Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis

New User
Travis
Father in law is rebuilding a 20 year old church nativity scene and needs two pieces 4"x4"x4' long beams. 3 1/2"x 3 1/2" will not work. He has been driving himself crazy trying to find the stock. Does anyone have any suggestions. (he does not want to glue wood together, he wants true beams, I guess nothing but the best for baby Jesus) LOL

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Can it be treated lumber? If so, he could go with a 6x6 and trim 1 1/2" off two sides. If he doesn't have a table saw that he could do a double cut on it, he could try a circular saw with edge guide and cut halfway through from each side.

Just a thought

Go

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Sounds like a custom job for someone with a bandsaw mill---------Jeff? ---- Woodbutcher?

Jerry:eusa_thin

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
If it is SYP, call Tarheel Wood treating over in Morrisville, and see if they have some 6X6 that hasn't been pressure treated yet. Manns sawmill on Bell's Lake Road might also have some.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I may have some AD Red Oak that is really close to 4" thick or greater, 8' long that I could let go for a steal.
Dave:)

Travis

New User
Travis
OK,

I gave my father in las the options. He wants to try Mann's Saw Mill because he is familiar with the area. How would he contact or find it.

Thanks.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
OK,

I gave my father in las the options. He wants to try Mann's Saw Mill because he is familiar with the area. How would he contact or find it.

Thanks.
I don't have a phone #. My son used to just go down there when he needed boards for the dump trucks. They are actually located on Mann's Loop. It runs between Bell's Lake and Optimist Farm Road. Only a half mile long, so shouldn't be hard to find. Most likey what they have will be "green" though. If he can wait, the guy at American Wood Yards across from the Fairgrounds might cut it for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS