Trucking along just fine~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know I am in Arkansas and doing well.

I weighed my truck and trailer before I left and I was 2,000lbs over the weight I wanted to tow at 6,600lbs (Max trailer capacity is 7,000lbs) Max towing on the Sprot trac 5,300lbs.:swoon:

So I had to lose some weight, I sold, my disc sander, 9 or 10" delta bs, grinder, and a ton of bowl blanks (including, cherry, holly, sycamore, walnut, etc) and some wood, My work bench I just built (looks just like Dlrion's), huge piece of MDF, and a ton of smaller MDF pieces and got rid of a total of 1,400lbs.

So I am now towing 5,200lbs or so. The truck did really well, I maintained approximately 60 to 65mph on flats, and if I was behind a semi, I would maintain 60 up hill, otherwise I would drop down to 45-50mph.

Thanks for all the help/support~!

And If anyone is interested in some bowl blanks ($5 to $10 each), That huge 87 1/2" X 20" X 1 5/16" Thick MDF ($5) , or a HF drill press ($30, I have a 3 or 6 year warranty with it that I will mail to whoever buys it), And a 2+ gallon of Winterized Anchor Seal in 5 gallon bucket and nice pour spout $18, Dlrion is selling it for me.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Matthew, glad to hear you made your journey safely and with out major incident. Sorry you had to sell some tools and wood to get under your weight target though. :gar-Cr

Brian.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Glad to hear your travels are going well. Sorry you had to sell all of that stuff. :tinysmile_cry_t: I think I would've started selling furniture before I sold my tools. :gar-La; All the best and God speed on getting there safely. :icon_thum

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Glad to hear your travels are going well. Sorry you had to sell all of that stuff. :tinysmile_cry_t: I think I would've started selling furniture before I sold my tools. :gar-La; All the best and God speed on getting there safely. :icon_thum

Trent,

All I had in the Trailer, was tools and wood~! So I had to sell some tools, and they are smaller tools, that I can get again easily. The Wood was the hardest, as you can always get the exact same tool, but you can never get the exact same wood. And I had some Beautiful bowl blanks I was gonna turn... Now Dlrion is getting the chance, and whoever else wants to buy the rest.

Thanks I will take it easy~!

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
Glad your trip is going well. Do not let the transmission shift a lot. If it does, go to a lower gear. Sounds like you are ok on the flats, be careful for brakes & transmission in hilly areas. Use the trailer brakes. We will all miss you and your beautiful family. Good luck in school.
James

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Drive safely and keep the shiny side up, Matthew. Good luck to you and your family!:icon_thum

b4man

New User
Barbara
Matt,
I'm so glad to hear from you! Be careful going the rest of the way and try and keep us posted.

Barbara

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Travel safe, Matt!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Sounds like your destination is right 'round the corner.:wsmile:

Get plenty of rest and don't push too hard.

Take care.

Wayne

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Matt, Glad to hear that all is OK. Keep in touch:thumbs_up

Thaks for all the replies everyone, you are all so Kind.

And I will certainly keep in touch~! You guys all ROCK~!

Thanks for all the advice, help, and time spent with me over the past couple of years~! :notworthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS