Trout Net Build

Gboot

Gene
Senior User
I decided to figure out how to build a trout net. I love fishing and am learning to love wood working. So this is what has come from my 2 passions. I went fishing with my 2 sons, son in law and best friend who is a Pastor. We went to Todd NC. April 9th. the weather turned cold 39 degrees and it began snowing. I think the nets handled the elements excellent. The nets are made from Ash, cherry and walnut. I made 3 , 1/8" strips for each net and glued them using tiebond III water proof glue. Steve Blazeman donated some scrap wood I used to make the handle on the Ash net. I procured a small clothes steamer off of FB market place for free, owner said it didnt work, he was right, however I fixed it. I made a steam box out of a PVC tube to soften up the 1/8" slats. My friend Bill L and his son Eric, laser burned MT 4:19 in the Walnut net which I gave to my Pastor buddy as a gift. Stands for Matthew 4:19. "Follow me and I'll make you fisher of men" thought that was an appropriate inscription for a fishing net. Just thought I would share.
Nice Work !!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors