Trivet table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
My MIL turns 95 next Fri, and wanted a small table to go next to her stove. A project I actually got done early, and the first as a gift.

QSWO from Scott, with tapered legs (a first for me). Long shelf stretchers are dovetailed into inside of legs. The "towel rods" keep the ends from expanding altho the short shelf stretchers are tenoned into the shelf dados inside the dovetails on the long stretchers. Top stretchers are mortise/tenon. I put height adjusters on the legs, because the floor in her old house is far from level.

Trivet top of ceramic tile will give her a place to set her hot skillets, etc.

As always, comments and critique are welcome.

Go

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Nice work Mark. You are sure to be favorite sil. Is she still cooking at 95?
James

Thank you both for the comments. Yeah, "Mama" is still washing her own clothes and cooking. Up 'til about 4 years ago, she was still driving a car, and was hanging the clothes outside on a clothesline. Her daughters got together to get her a dryer. She decided to quit driving after we moved up here and she had dependable transportation. Quite a Lady.

Go

sawduster

New User
Robert
Simple and truly elegant :icon_thum

....not simple for me though :nah: I'm impressed ! Nicely done :eek:ccasion1

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Super work there, Mark!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

That ceramic tile top will be very serviceable, looks great and the color of the tile really compliments your finish selection. Looks real sturdy and will definitely stand the test of time.

I am sure she will treasure it!:wsmile:

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors