Tool gloats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

New User
Rob
Had a great day yesterday, went to the Liberty Antique show and found some deals on some planes.

First is a Bailey #7. I didn't actually find this at the antique show, but at a flea market down the road Bill Clemmons told me about. Talked him down to $35 but he wasn't happy about it.

planes5.JPG

Next was a Bailey #5. Offered him $25 and he jumped at it.

planes_2_.JPG

And the final score, an old wooden rabbit plane in awesome shape, just needs some surface rust cleaned off the blade, and someone that knows how to tune it. $15, I didn't try to talk them down as I have been looking for one for a while and thought it a great price.

planes_3_.JPG

Now to clean them up and use them. I did see some Winchester planes, in almost perfect condition, but he wanted a premium for them.

After that I got to visit Bill Clemmons shop in Liberty. Great visit, his shop is well worth the visit. Think I'm going to copy his woodworking bench design. I liked it.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Highway robbery on the No 7, good price on the 5C. :cool:

As far as I know there's no place around Rocky Mount to find hand tools worth using at flea markets.

Gloat status granted! :gar-Bi

Chuck

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
Yes it is a Bailey 5. Chuck had indicated 5c.. The 5c has a corrugated sole, thus the "C".
James

Rob

New User
Rob
This is a 5C then, it has a corrugated sole, not flat. But it doesn't say C anywhere on it.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
As far as I know there's no place around Rocky Mount to find hand tools worth using at flea markets.
Gloat status granted! :gar-Bi

Just FYI. The flea market Rob mentioned occurs twice a year, in conjunction with the Liberty Antiques Festival, the last Friday/Saturday in April and September. I quit going to the festival itself years ago, but I wouldn't miss the several flea markets set up along the highway. If you're looking for "user" tools, not collectibles, it may be worth visiting. As Rob mentioned, there are some good finds available. :icon_thum

Bill Clemmons

tjgreen

New User
Tim
You [STRIKE]suck[/STRIKE] rock. I really, really wish I could've made it down there this year, a guy I know in the antiques business said there'd be a lot of hungry dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors