Tool Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIVEBYFIVE

New User
MICHAEL
Today while helping a friend remodel an old house, the LOML called and asked what would I say if she told me that she had bought me a lathe. I asked how much she paid. She said $20.00 at a yard sale. I said kool that you baby I love you. I got home and cleaned up and saw the lathe. It was not what I had pictured in my head. This thing has about a 4' bed. I forgot to take a picture, so i know it isnt an actual gloat, but Me happy. I need some chisels. Any recommendations or precations to consider?:eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

IMG_32131.JPG

IMG_3214.JPG

IMG_3216.JPG

IMG_3218.JPG

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Re: Pre-Gloat Gloat

Would love to see some pictures of what you got for $20. Anything for $20 is a deal :eusa_danc
Personally I use the "fancy" set of chisels from HF, about $40, 11 pieces set, Windsor Designs. It's a good starter set, although it doesn't include any bowl gouges. Pinnacle make some great lower cost tools, but their handles can be a bit long for normal work, IMHO.
Dave:)

FIVEBYFIVE

New User
MICHAEL
Re: Tool Gloat...did the photos upload??

Can you see the pictures of what i got for twenty dollars.. Also got small pile of paneling for my ceiling above pool table, and a nice size cabinet.

IMG_3211.JPG

DaveO

New User
DaveO
You slipped those pictures in while I was posting :lol: :lol:
How does it run? Do the centers line up? If those are good you got yourself a nice $20 lathe gloat :icon_thum
Dave:)

FIVEBYFIVE

New User
MICHAEL
have not ran yet.....YET. I am going to go remodel with a friend tomorrow. I might play tomorrow night. Need some chisels. What is a good price range. what is the difference between bowl chisels and a standard lathe chisel set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS