Took Me Way Too Long.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
... but, I finally completed and delivered my 2nd oldest daughter's coffee table today.

I constructed it using 4/4 red oak using 4 3/8" dowels at the intersection of the legs and aprons. I tapered the legs on the inside surfaces from the aprons to the floor. She has plenty of storage under the hinged lid for magazines, picture albums or whatever. (The piano hings gave me a fit for some reason this time! Thanks to Bladeburner for answering a bunch of silly install questions!) It was finished with a very light coat of Golden Pecan stain, three coats of satin poly and two coats of Johnson's paste wax.

Here is a pic in the "shop"....

Picture in her living room .....

Daughter's Happy so Dad's Happy!!!

Lots going on this past few weeks that took priority to the table.... woodworking picnic, home maintenance, HS Awards ceremonies, HS graduation preparation, college selection and visits and entertaining out of town guests. I know, I know he's retired and has all the time in the world!:BangHead: (Us retirees just move with a lot more caution!:lol: )

(More pictures in my gallery of some of the obstacles I had to overcome.)

Time to move on to another project!

Thanks for lookin'.

Wayne

T

toolferone

Nice design and work there Wayne. That storage will come in handy too.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Nice piece. I like the storage addition, but it would never work for us, WAYYYY to much stuff piled on top of the coffee table!:lol:

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Nice looking table Wayne. Your daughter looks very pleased. I retired on April 1 and wonder when I had time to work.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very nice work Wayne :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I like to incorporate storage into many things I build, my wife has a lot of storage needs 8-O :roll: :roll: I might have to [STRIKE]steal[/STRIKE] borrow that design concept when I make us a new coffee table.
Dave:)

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Wayne that is a great looking table. :eusa_clap I like the simple lines and RO is one of my favorite woods to work with. You did a good job on the table and the daughter. :lol:

DavidF

New User
David
Nice job Wayne, looks great. It looked much darker in the shop, definately prefer the "in situe" photos.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Looks great Wayne! And I appreciate that you keep taking on new challenges. In fact it sounds like you're ready for the next one :icon_thum

Ya think my woodworking would have been better if I had daughters :lol:

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS