Took a While, but worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRD

New User
Jim
I've had this project to attempt in my head for quite a while, but long days at work and irregular days
off have really slowed me down. Now I can say, I finally had a chance to bring it to fruition.

Vase is Walnut and spalted White Oak, the bands in the collar are some Maple I saved from a tree in my front yard that lost it's battle with hurricane Fran. The piece is about 12 inches tall and 7 inches at it's widest. The finish is nothing more than BLO, and hopefully this coming Sunday I'll waterproof the interior.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/500/P101000324.JPG

Sorry, I never seem to get this posting pictures thing just right.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
That is Awesome Jim~!

I really like the combination of woods~!

Pictures, Just open another tab on your explorer. Open up your photo gallery. click on the picture you want. It will make it bigger, then right click, click on copy. Then go to your other tab with your post and right click, then click paste.

Hope that helps.

here I did it for you:
P101000324.JPG

Sincerely,

Matthew

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Now that is one BEAUTIFUL vase. You've definitely peaked my interest in trying something w/ white oak and walnut. :icon_thum

Bill

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up
Don't forget there's always NEXT year's calendar.

woodturnerdon

New User
Don
What a handsome piece. Great tool work, wood and design. Very pleasing to look at. Just wondering, how are you planning on waterproofing it?
Don L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS