Tiny Walnut Slabbing.. No Drooling !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
Here is a big ole Walnut that Chris and I slabbed out today..

Its purty..

wood_9-25-09_0091.jpg
wood_9-25-09_0141.jpg
wood_9-25-09_0132.jpg
wood_9-25-09_0082.jpg
wood_9-25-09_0073.jpg

One of the largest black walnuts (non west coast) that I have ever seen.

The measurement is 46" across and close to 12 foot in length and is curly..

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Vey nice,very nice indeed,an I ain't droolin,nope not one bit of slobber :no: but a few :gar-Cr:gar-Cr:gar-Cr may be a fallin OH YES I almost fergot YOU SUCK :slap:

Dragon

New User
David
If I'm not home when you bring it over, just leave against the porch. I'll put 'er up when I get back from where ever I am. Very nice score on that one. Would make a beautiful table top. :icon_cheers

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Hey Kyle - what's the drying schedule for something like that ? Does the width + crotch present any particular challenges for drying ?

-Mark

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
:eusa_droo:eusa_droo:eusa_droo:eusa_droo:eusa_droo

Couldn't help it. :rotflm: That's a beautiful hunk of wood. :eek:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
You know, with a little sculpting, that could be a "We're #1" sign to take to the next....eh....belt sander race? :) Beautiful wood, does it have a designated project yet?

I'm just happy I was there to help push the Lucas Mill through something this AMAZING....Flawless.... And of Course.... it is raining today so we can't cut anymore....:cry_smile

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
WOW!! Thank you for sharing some of the hidden benefits of a sawyers life!! I'll bet that put a smile on both your faces as it came off the mill, brown dust or not!!

Go

jacon4

New User
jacon4
Yeah, i was out at Kyle's place this past weekend to pick up a slab for a project of mine and GEE WIZ, he's got some really serious wood available, almost unreal. Knows exactly where i am going for any future projects, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS