Time to introduce myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwallwork

John
Corporate Member
Thought I should go ahead introduce myself now that I've posted a information/ Question in another forum (Where Can I Buy or Sell).

I've been lurking for a few months now, quietly enjoying the website. I don't believe in commenting unless I have something usefull to say.

I grew up in Kernersville, NC and have recently moved back into the area from Lexington Ky (was there for 5 years).

I'd call myself an advanced beginner in woodworking. I seem to have more ideas and projects than time and completions. If the wife wrote out the honey-do list, I think it wouldn't fit in a library.

John

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Welcome John, I can relate to the desire for more time to actually complete projects. As you may have noticed, I don't let the lack of something useful to say stop me. :mrgreen:

If you have been around a while you have probably noticed that there is a bit of a social side to the site as well. I'd love ot see some of your work. Feel free to jump in anytime and give us a chance to get to know you.

DavidF

New User
David
Hi John, I second Steves comments - nothing useful to say? then say something in an "informed, but questioning way":lol::lol::lol: Welcome....

DaveO

New User
DaveO
jwallwork said:
I've been lurking for a few months now, quietly enjoying the website. I don't believe in commenting unless I have something usefull to say.
John

That's never stopped me :lol: :lol: :lol:

WELCOME, I am glad that you decided to introduce yourself. I think that we are all the "more projects than time" boat. I look forward to more of your input in the forum, don't be shy we don't bite. And request an Photo Album in the Other Links button up top right and show us some of your work, that will give you something useful to talk about....'splaining how you made what you made..wood, finish, mistake hiding, all the good detail.
See you around!!!

Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Welcome to the group John. I'm glad you decided to say hi. Please put in your 2 cents often as you can. Be sure you also get your picture gallery established, and show us some pictures.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome John!

Long to-do list? Well, welcome to the club. I am the worst procrastinator there is, I think. Rather putz around in the garage shop than getting at the hallway painting that my has been after me to do for the last 4 months. Know what? That painting job just sits there waiting for me to catch up. Us retired guys stretch that "all the time in the world scenario!

Hope you enjoy the wealth of ww'ing info that you can find here at the site.

See ya,

Wayne

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome John! We got you now :mrgreen:
After the first post it's all downhill. Forums exist for woodworking, tools, gloats, and gripes. I'm sure you will find something that stimulates a post. :eusa_shhh

And I echo Wayne's comment about retirement! The to-do list grows, but I find a way to avoid it and putz around the shop instead :eusa_whis

Sapwood

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the group, John. Great to have another woodworker who just can't seem to find enough time -- I'm retired and still can't find enough hours to do all the things I'd love to do -- BTW, if you do have some pictures to share, be sure to request a Photo Gallery (click on "Other Links" on the Main Menu bar), and read the section on Photo Gallery in the FAQs and How To's forum and read the threads in the Forums category for putting pictures in your posts.

Welcome to the site!

Rob

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome John! We're glad us and would love to see pictures of any of your projects. We LOVE pictures. Since you've been lurking you have realized that many of our posts are as much social as woodworking. Don't hesitate to jump in. Enjoy the site!

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hello John and welcome to the site. I like your description of advanced beginner. I can relate to that and the "honey-do" list!!

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Feel free to jump into the middle of things here.

may as well jump right in the middle or even deep end, cause the floor on the shallow end is really slippery, and you will end up with the rest of us, real soon!:lol:

junkman

New User
Curtis Griffin
Welcome to the forum jwauwork... Great people here to play with get info if you need it............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS