Tiger Maple Vanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Just completed a bathroom Vanity to replace the builders special in my house. Moved it up to 'adult height' and added a lot more storage in the bath. The plywood case was in three parts 30".30" and 29" now joined togeather. Face frame was from a book matched set obtained this year from Orion lumber company up in Wellsville Pa. Finish was three coats of Waterlox sealer and two coats of Waterlox finish.
Bathroom_Vanity1.JPG

Bathroom_Vanity2.JPG
Drawers1.JPG

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nicely done, Pete!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

I sure like your design for the pull-out shelves. (Don't let the LOML see this!!)

So how do you like the Waterlox? I have always seemed to have had very good luck w/it!:icon_thum:icon_thum

That maple really looks fantastic in the photo's!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Wayne

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
NICE WORK!!! That's BEAUTIFUL!

Great fit and finish on it all, I know the LOYL is happy.

T

toolferone

Very very nice indeed! What kind of construction/joinery did you use?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very, very nice. That maple is striking! Those shelves must be wonderful too, usually bathroom vanities end up with lots of stuff rolling around in the back.

New countertop too, or was that from the existing vanity?

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
Well done:eusa_clap. I like the idea of the pull out shelves under the sink. Things tend to get lost back in there.

M

McRabbet

Beautiful work, Pete! And nothing like choosing one of the premier figured wood suppliers (and superb furniture making shops in the world) to get your figured maple. You done good!

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Great Job on that Vanity.
That is a Custom job for sure.
I love that figure. Of the wood of course:rotflm:

It shimmers just looking at it.

Sandy Rose

New User
Sandy
Looks real good, Pete. I've been demolishing our master bathroom and plan on doing something similar for our vanity.

cskipper

Cathy
That's very striking! The pull out drawers are definitely the way to go. We did those when John built the kitchen cabinets. Great job! :icon_thum

skeeter

New User
Charles
Awesome looking vanity. The bood matched fronts really bring out the beauty of the tiger maple. Very nice work.

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Correction that should be IRION lumber way up in Pa. http://www.irionlumber.com/
They are hard to find but stock some beautiful woods, they also ship.
No relation or financial interest in thier business.

The joinery is plenty of Biscuits on the face frame. the case plywood joinery was #6 screws. the drawers joinery biscuits and dovetail fronts.

Waterlox is a great finish for popping the figure of the grain and easy to use, dries quicker than Poly.

Thanks for all the compliments !!!

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
outstanding! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

The LOML has a similar project somewhere on her honey-dew list (now that my garage is more workshop than garage!).

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors