thought on rearranging the Forum pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
To Jim "froggylips", If I knew how to do a screen shot I would and paste it here to better make my point. I don't so let's see if I can explain.

About half way down the page before you get to the actual forum, the forum name is listed in a white box. After that comes add's and a few other lines of stuff.

I would like to suggest the forum name box be placed right above the topics and in that box have a link to Tips or suggestions on how to post. Mostly I'm thinking about my FFS/HD forums where we would explain the need for a working link to the sale item (Craigs List, Tooladay, etc. It could also remind the member that their own items do not belong there, free or for sale.
Also, I think another color than white would be more noticeable. Maybe a color not used much anywhere else. Like maybe Toad green:gar-La;

Barbara

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Lips De Frog, as we say in France......

If you ask me "can you _____", I always do my best to find a way. I'm fairly certain I could get most of your request to work.

The link might be a problem, as the "forum description" field isn't parsed for html (as I recall).

As a wise man once told me, just because you can, doesn't mean you should. I didn't listen and ate the hot pepper anyway..... :kamahlitu:gar-Cr

That said, I don't think I ever noticed the white box before. I'd go one step further and suggest removing it. Free up realestate.

Sadly, I doubt folks would read links to policies, no matter how nicely we asked. Just part of the deal with "human nature" I suppose.

Given FF/HD forums account for a startling number of theads and posts every day, maybe a different approach could help.

A few thoughts include creating a Form that creates the initial post. We could then "enforce" a policy and behavior. Remind them not to post personal items and gently remind them to include a URL (if one exists for that thread).

Another more off the wall thought is to combine FF/HD with the Classifieds system. They are related, at least in a logical sense. Maybe we don't put the Found/HotDeal in the Classified Box on the left.

Love to hear what others think and will be happy to work on the solution that gets you what you need.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS