The Vortex

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hello NCWW"s,

With my Birthday gift I was able to complete this item. (still need 220V though :BangHead: )

Anyway I call it "THE VORTEX"

Made with Maple and Jarrah, 121 pieces. PS, This is my first, all by myself, segmented turning, not counting bracelets of course.

Thanks for looking/commenting

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Thats great, I really like the shape :icon_thum
And its a vortex alreight, you'll never get away from segmenting now :rotflm:

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Matthew, Excellent, both in design and craftsmanship. You should be proud of your "first alone" bowl.:icon_thum

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks like Master Earl has trained an able apprentice, grasshopper. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
WOW,almost looks like you new what you were a doin :rotflm: cause that is one purty piece :icon_cheers :icon_cheers :icon_cheers

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Thank you everyone for the kind comments. It is 7-3/8" at widest and 4-1/4" tall

I really like the shape as well~! Thanks Earl for the knowledge you gave me and countless hours teaching me~! I used a lot of your teaching methods.

I am very proud of my first alone bowl~! Thanks Charlie for that long awesome 14 hour turning day~! I used a lot of your teaching methods as well. And put 4 coats of wipe on poly. I wanted to turn something that looked like the vase you gave Rachel. Someday I will make the same one with different woods.

Mark, it really is my first alone bowl, even though I have had many segmented bracelets, I think 10. And earl let me turn a glued up segmented bowl for my first turning and gave me some pre-made rings to glue together. And Charlie and I spent 14 hours together cutting and gluing together then turned by me. This truly is my first alone, every process by myself bowl and I love it.

Ken, Thanks, it is a purty piece. I love the Maple and Jarrah combination. And yeah I should know what I am doing after I had so much training from Earl and Charlie. Actually it's about time I did something with my knowledge. :slap: :eusa_doh: And I am glad I finally did, I had a BLAST and LOVE the RESULT~!

:banana: :notworthy: :banana: :notworthy:

Thank you thank you for the Wonderful comments~!
Thank you thank you for the Wonderful Training~!
Thank you thank you for the first Lathe I received from a kind gentleman from this website. :notworthy:

Matthew

Last edited:

dlrion

New User
Dan
Looks good Matt! You beat me... the warm weather stalled out my woodworking.

I will catch up though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors