The Moak is in the shop!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
The jointer looks great John.

I'm sure it's very rewarding, and I hope it cuts as nice as your Oliver does for you.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Wow!!! That's incredible. You just raised the bar to a new level...we're going from high jump to pole vault on that buy.

Nice looking machine, John.

Chuck

cskipper

Cathy
Ya'll are missing a significant detail. He saved up all this money - but didn't use it - which means he's primed for his next purchase!

Oh yeah, John, you suck!

woodguy1975

New User
John
After about 3 hrs I have all 4 blades set and both beds set. I set everything with my 4' straight edge until my 6 footer arrives tomorrow. I jointed two 5' boards and get no light throughthe joint when I hold them up. For fun I also face jointed a 12" wide peice of cherry. Great fun. Seems to work great. I still need to verify the beds remain parallel through height adjustments. Right now everything looks very good.

I'll probably set it in place on Monday after the Rocker class this weekend. Tomorrow night I'll run the new 3 phase line for the jointer in preparation for it to be moved into it's permanent spot. :) I wonder if I can get those neighbors back to help get the Ollie on dollies. :)

chris99z71

New User
Chris
OK, John-just for you I'm invoking a new rule:
"No video, it didn't happen!"
I want to see this hog in action!

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
I have never in my life seen something so big and impressive, what is next? This calls for some serious woodcrafting ideas. Enjoy your new toy and let the guys continue to gloat. Lorraine

woodguy1975

New User
John
Dang John! Now you won't be needing a planer anymore . . . more money for the SawStop :lol:

Roger

To the contrary, Now I need a BIGGER planer. Let's see here. I had 20" planing for 10" jointing.... Now I have 16" jointing so I've got to look for a 32" planer. Geez, here I go again. LOL

woodguy1975

New User
John
Warning! Don't look if you have a heart Condition!!!!!!!

I'm taking the evening off after a long week of jointer work before class tomorrow, but I had to go down to the shop and do a little test jointing.

Chris this isn't a video, but this photo shows a freshly jointer board of Gen. Mahogany that is 16" WIDE!!!!

justjointed.jpg

It is so much fun it should be illegal. :) Can you Saw SWEEEEEEEEEET?????

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Wow, John! That looks awesome. I'd love to be there when you start running some of that walnut through. On second though, no, I don't want to be there. There's going to be alot of DC emptying to do! :lol:

frigator

New User
Robin Frierson
John, have you noticed there is a little more friction pushing a 16in board over the jointer than say an 8-10in board.. I sometimes sprinkle a little baby powder over the beds of my 16in to make the wood slide a little easier, and of course keep it waxed. Its looks great. Are there plans to one day maybe put a Byrd head in this one too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS