The Darkside in MrAudio815's Home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey Everyone,

DaveO is one awesome person and as you all know by now I am the lucky person to receive his HF lathe.

It's new Home!!! Thanks earl for the Help!
Well here is my first bowl from a blank DaveO gave me. Thanks Dave!

Other side

Thanks for looking, YOU ALL ROCK! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice job finding a home for the HF lathe:icon_thum and an even better job creating your first bowl. That's great!

Touchwood

New User
Don
Wow!! Way to go Matthew..you've got natural talent.:eusa_danc

I'm working on a new idea for sensing dust level in the trash can that keeps everything out of the inside.:widea: Actually started thinking about this for Scott Smith but it would work on any system.

Keep you posted.:icon_thum

Don

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Wow!! Way to go Matthew..you've got natural talent.:eusa_danc

Don

Why Thank you Don! My Dad & Grandpa have Natural talent, and was always hoping to get some some day! :gar-Bi Thanks again!

&
Wow! If that is your first I can't wait to see what your future holds.:icon_thum

Bwat

Thank you bwat (Bill)

I can't wait either, I think the Slippery slope has released something in me I never knew I had. The Darkside is powerful! :icon_cheers I just love how it's almost instant gratification, I mean in a couple of hours you have a finished product.

Thanks everyone for your very nice comments, need to post another project I completed on Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
Nice job, I knew you could do it :icon_thum
Keep it up and in 6 months I'll be taking lessons from you

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Nice job, I knew you could do it :icon_thum
Keep it up and in 6 months I'll be taking lessons from you

:rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

Earl You are a Funny guy.

Thanks for the lessons, will have to learn that segmented thing and how to get tight joints.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
:rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

Earl You are a Funny guy.

Thanks for the lessons, will have to learn that segmented thing and how to get tight joints.

just wait! when ya gits a little older the joints will tighten up all on their own!:gar-La;

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I really wanted to get a picture of me giving Matthew a swift kick in the back side to send him down that slippery slope. But it looks like he's slipped well enough on his own.
Have fun and enjoy it, that is worth more than money to me.

Dave:)

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I really wanted to get a picture of me giving Matthew a swift kick in the back side to send him down that slippery slope. But it looks like he's slipped well enough on his own.
Have fun and enjoy it, that is worth more than money to me.

Yes I was bummed, I wish I could have had a lesson from the Great DaveO, but if my parents were in town I would have done the same.

I hope I can continue to slip down that slippery slope as well as all the great turners on here (DaveO, Erasmussen....:icon_scra welp it looks like I am going to have to meet some more turners:icon_cheers).

Thanks Dave for the awesome comment! And when times are good I will surely do the same!!!

Sincerely,

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Great looking bowl. Glad you are officially hooked:gar-La;

Thanks Trent and Tracy,

Hooked is an understatement, I so love it!!!:gar-Bi :eusa_danc I am making a frame to add casters to the HF lathe, so the shavings fall through to the floor. :icon_cheers And the Rack DaveO had is great, :icon_thum but my Oland tools are way to long and hang off both sides, :eusa_doh: gotta make a new rack for them too.:eusa_thin

Well thanks everyone!!! :notworthy:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
And the Rack DaveO had is great, :icon_thum but my Oland tools are way to long and hang off both sides, :eusa_doh: gotta make a new rack for them too.:eusa_thin

Well thanks everyone!!! :notworthy:

Oh come on, it sucks. I consider it a prototype that I never got around to refining. You might try something like what I have done on my new lathe. It handles longer tools well, but there are still a few long handled gouges that I can't fit on it. Of course there is always magnetic strips attached to the [STRIKE]wall[/STRIKE]garage door behind it. But I have never trusted the magnets to hold a heavy tool.
You'll figure it out and when you do you'll have more tools and need another solution :gar-La;

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Oh come on, it sucks. I consider it a prototype that I never got around to refining. You might try something like what I have done on my new lathe. It handles longer tools well, but there are still a few long handled gouges that I can't fit on it.

Of course there is always magnetic strips attached to the [strike]wall[/strike]garage door behind it.

Well theres an idea I never thought of, hum I sure could attach them to the garage door. Just hope the stay when I open it!:nah: My wife wants to park her car in the garage, so I am doing my best to make room, pass some stuff along, make some storage and a huge bench to put my tablesaw under.:swoon: :tongue2: :cry_smile :BangHead: :eusa_doh: :crossedlips::sad11: So much to do!!!

Thanks Dave!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS