Steel City Table Saw at Woodworkers Supply....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Imagine my surprise this afternoon when I walk in the door of Woodworkers Supply in Graham.....

Steel City table saw! It looks great. I have no idea how one would judge such a tool on sight and touch alone. Lets just say if CSI were to check, they'd find my prints all over it!

Also got to hold the new Porter Cable belt sander. Its amazingly light and very easy to hold. A nice way to release the tension on the belt too.

Jim

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I was shocked by the price. As I remember, it was around $1500, but don't quote me on that.

A lot less than I expected.

Jim

sapwood

New User
Roger
Rhett,

Here's the link to the WWS Steel City Tablesaw. They list two models, 1 3/4 hp with "mechanical" switch and a 3 HP (220v) with magnetic switch. The one "on hand" is the 1 3/4 hp model.

HTH,
Roger

rhett

New User
rhett
I think I am going to wait on the cabinet saw and just do an upgrade like you did. The extra money goes to a drum sander:eusa_danc .

GeorgeL

New User
George
I stopped by Woodworker's Supply on Friday the 10th, they were having some sort of manufacturers tent sale. The Steel City rep was there as was their 10" 3HP deluxe cabinet saw with the 50" industrial fence. I must say I was VERY impressed in the quality. Several steps above the Delta X5 sitting right next to it. The fence was the smoothest of any of the Biese clones I've seen. I was also shocked at the price, $1549 with a 5 year warranty. The rep said a 10" cabinet saw with a riving knife was less than a year away. They also displayed their 18" band saw; also a very nice machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS