Steam-bending and bow making demo delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Folks, Andy (carved tunes) and I earlier announced a joint steam-bending and bow making demo/workshop at my shop on Oct 3 - It must be postponed until further notice.

My wife is still recuperating from a very painful shattered vertebra and I am her nurse-that may explain her long recovery time. Next week she is going in for one more round of steroids and if that does not finally help the pain she will need very invasive back surgery.

But to complicate the matter I just returned from a quick one day trip to see my aging father in Minneapolis. He is a retired Navy Captain and at 97 years old has finally just worn himself out. Arrangements with Hospice were started yesterday and I am so thankful to have such wonderful volunteers willing to help me deal with all this and help us add the diginity this man deserves.

Thru all this, my shop time will be limited and just spent doing anything to get my mind on something else. I promise we will do some bending this winter.

Thanks

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Phil,

I am sorry to hear you have so many weighty real life events happening.

Should you need anything, just say the word. You are a part of our community, we will do what we can, even if its just be here to listen.

Jim

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
If I can do anything more helpful than showing people how I destroy wood in the meantime, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS