Square end scraper magnetized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Smith

New User
Tumblweed
I just bought a Crown square end scraper. As I started to use it today I noticed it would snap down on the tool rest like a magnet. It was strong enough that you had to pull up slightly to break it free. I need to know how to demagnetize it.

ehpoole

Ethan
FWIW, I doubt that it was manufactured as a magnetized product. The mystery could very well be as simple as it having shipped in a box located directly next to a large speaker or shipment of neodynium magnets. On the positive side, however, the new magnetic feature included in your one-of-a-kind model shouldn't attract sawdust any worse than normal -- but watch out for those nails!

You can use another magnet to demagnetize it, or if you have an old tape head demagnetizer or a degausser (from the CRT era) they will instantlly demagnetize it.

Tommy Smith

New User
Tumblweed
FWIW, I doubt that it was manufactured as a magnetized product. The mystery could very well be as simple as it having shipped in a box located directly next to a large speaker or shipment of neodynium magnets. On the positive side, however, the new magnetic feature included in your one-of-a-kind model shouldn't attract sawdust any worse than normal -- but watch out for those nails!

You can use another magnet to demagnetize it, or if you have an old tape head demagnetizer or a degausser (from the CRT era) they will instantlly demagnetize it.

I thought as much really, and I know that they don't come that way but was not sure how to fix the problem. Maybe and exchange is in order. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS