Spiral Upcut Bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
I visit BT3Central.com a lot, since a BT3000 was my first tablesaw. As here, a great group of folks. One of the members is Brian, of Holbren bits. He occassionally post good deals before making them available on their website. His most recent offer for forum members is at the link below.
Sine NCWoodworker was down a bit, and I found the post a little late, only 2 sizes are still available. I and many others at BT3Central have bought from Holbren and are very happy.
I asked him if he minded if I shared the offer here and he agreed.
I have no connection to Brian at all, except as a customer, and reading the praise from BT3'ers about his products.
I'm posting this only to let you folks get some good bits at a good price.

Here are the 2 sizes still available:

Cutting Diamater - 1/2"
Cutting Length - 3/4"
Shank - 1/2"
Overall Length - 2-1/2"

SC3
Cutting Diamater - 1/2"
Cutting Length - 13/16"
Shank - 1/2"
Overall Length - 2-1/2"

1/2" shank - $12 for first, $9 for each additional
Ken

http://www.bt3central.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27879

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, that really does sound like a good deal. I'll have to check to see how much Xmas cash I can spare.
Dave:)

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Thanks for sharing. Not to hijack your thread but some of the newer folks may not understand why they might want this style of bit. In anticipation of some people's questions; spiral router bits do a great job of cutting aggressively and are less prone to tearout on the edge of the surface they are cutting. An upcut bit cuts toward the top of the shank so they do a great job of chip clearing. These would do a great job for pattern routing with a collar or for cutting dados. They would be excellent for large mortises. I'm sure the smaller sizes went first, primarily for mortise work. The upcut would tend to splinter more than a downcut routing a dado in chip prone material like oak plywood and melamine.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Thanks for adding the detail, Steve. Let me add that care should be taken to make sure the collet is very tight. These bits want to pull themselves up and out of the collet. I've only had one experience with this, and that was plenty for me. It's weird to see the bit come through the stock when routing a groove on the router table.
ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS