Source for variable speed control kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
In view of the interest shown about my variable speed conversions I thought I would post this info I just received from MKC tools-I'm receiving no compensation, just providing info. The below is their response to an email I sent them about display filters and cabling/connectors for my tach (I also sent them a pic). Anyway, they have a bolt-on DC motor and variable speed controller package for the Shopsmith 10ER that looks like it would also easily fit most drill presses. Might be a great alternative if you don't want to get down and dirty with electronic stuff.

--------------------------------
Looks great Alan.

I use Allied for all my electronic parts since they are close by, but I haven'tactually looked into the multi pin connectors. You might try them.
Allied Electronics - Electronic Components Distribution.

I looked at your conversion job (great job) and got to reading some comments of others. I thought someone might be interested in a unit I have ready to bolt on and run. I designed it for a 10ER Shopsmith but it would work equally well on a drill press. dcmotor10er

The bracket could easily be bent around a bit so the controller would face forward. Other than bolting it on and plugging it in the only other thing necessary would be mounting the tach sensor and reading surface. I'm knocking off $100.00 so it would be $450.00 plus shipping. The $450.00 price for the motor unit does not include the reversing switch which wouldn't be needed on a drill press anyway. With the rev switch I'll sell if for $475.00 plus shipping.

Regards and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Skip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS