Soooo there Im in Iraq and guess what I found!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Hey all,
I am doing fine, it is HOT HOT HOT, in more ways than one if you catch my drift. But for the most part I am safe, fed, and the most intersting story so far is this. I was asked to do a mission with the unit that we are supporting as an RTO (Radio Guy), something we normally do not do in my unit. But I geared up got my GI JOE toys and headed out with a team. The guys do their mission and they decide to stop at this place that they have to refuel, re-arm and stuff. Well I wanted to get extra batteries and I go into this shed to get some and there was a lot of junk on the shelfs ect ect ect. As im reaching for a re-supply stuff, my eyes catche a shadow of what looked like a small block plane. I shrugged it off to get the stuff I needed. I was called to go on my radio and started heading out the door and as I walked by I just looked for giggles to see if it was real. Sure enough, it is a small block plane I think the markings on it is called Sogard or Sugard, I will inspect it later. I am working on getting a pick of it so we can have the experts here identify if. It is made in the usa, has two adjusters on it, and has a throat adjsuster in the front. Even if its not a great block plane, it has a lot of sentimental value now, and a great story. Be blessed everyone.

Monty

New User
Monty
Cool! That is a great story. Glad to hear from you - I was just thinking about you the other day. Stay safe and hurry home so you can use your new goodie! I'll have to look into that brand name, I'm not familiar with it. I'll post what I find out.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Nice find Michael. How is the chip carving coming along? Have you had a chance to do any of it lately?

Be Safe!
D L

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Real cool, Michael!!! Maybe you can find the owner and see if you can wheel and deal for its trip back home here in the good old USA!!!

Hope that all is well with ya! And, we are complaining about this heatwave we're having here! I am sure that you can provide some stories that will make us feel like it should be late fall here with 90 degree temps!

You stay safe and hurry back with that Sogard find!!!

Take care!

Wayne

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Canuck said:
Real cool, Michael!!! Maybe you can find the owner and see if you can wheel and deal for its trip back home here in the good old USA!!! .....

Wayne
I think the owner of that plane is the US Gov:lol:

Monty

New User
Monty
Great link, Steve -- you found more than I found. So basically this is the same as a MF plane, only it was sold to the gov't instead of MF. Cool!

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Hey everyone,
Thanks for helping find information on that. Great link Steve, the hand plane hasent been used for a long time and has some patina on it, no pitting though. I passed it by my Chain Of Comman, My Commander here is a woodworker too. He looked at me and said SSG Garner, finders keepers. Anything to keep my communication guys good to go. So I am going to borrow a camera froma buddy today and take a pic. thanks everyone for your help.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Michael it's great to know you're doing ok . . . though I know that's a relative term.

Post when you can and we look forward to your return.

Roger

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Glad to hear that you're safe, Michael!
If you return with a whole set of US Gov't issued hand tools, we're going to start asking questions! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS