Somthing for the LOML and her feathered friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
The misses loves feeding and watching birds and I think we're spending as much feeding them as we do feeding us. Here's a couple of feeders I finished this week for her.

swing_feeder_006edit.jpg

This made based on a pic in BirdsandBlooms magazine. I used Cypress and really like to work with it rubbed down with General Finish outdoor oil. I thought it would be simple and quick but was I wrong. Alot of small pieces to glue up and angles to get right. Of course it would have went alot faster if I would have used nails and braids but I'm supposed to be learning this WWing stuff and we dont use fasteneres unless we absolutely have to right? The top was my add-on to the design I think it looks better than what I saw and keeps the seed dry.

Blubird_Feeder_003_edit.jpg

This feeder is for Bluebirds. Basically a copy of a store bought design that fell apart. Also Cypress, sides are dadoed to hold clear acrylic so the birds can see there's food inside. Will be finished with the same outdoor oil and hung by the Bluebird houses.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Brian, those look great! I really like the bird bench. I have to replace one I made a few years ago, but I haven't decided on a design yet. I may have to borrow some ideas from you!

J

jeff...

Nice and clean, great attention to detail :icon_thum. Cypress should hold up for a long time, great choice of wood for outdoor projects.

T

toolferone

Great job! Wow they look really nice. Smaller is not always easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS