Snow day creations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Well, we only got a few flurries down here, but I got off work at 1:30 this afternoon because there wasn't much going on. :eusa_danc So, I came home and turned TWO bowls! :eusa_danc (Exciting to me because I never have time to do more than one). :embaresse

Persimmon and QS Sycamore

trentpics_163.jpg

trentpics_157.jpg

trentpics_159.jpg

trentpics_165.jpg

trentpics_167.jpg

They came out pretty well. The QS Sycamore was a salvage from one that I screwed up last week. :roll: I turned the recess too big and the chuck wouldn't fit in it, so I put it back on the faceplate, turned the bottom down and turned a new recess. I'm going to give that one to my roommate for me taking over the storage room and covering it with sawdust. :gar-La;

The persimmon bowl is going to my buddy who was in that bicycle accident, who is still recovering a month and a half later from severe head trauma. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Well Dave, you were right. I do need an insert for the Super Nova 2. I hope they have them at Woodcraft or Klingspor. :eusa_pray I could've gone a little deeper in each of these bowls, but as long as I'm using skeeter's chuck, I'm not taking a chance grinding metal on metal with it. :nah:

Thanks for looking and any advice. :eek:ccasion1

Trent

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Trent you're taking to it like a fish to water, or a beach bum to surfin'.
Great stuff, man :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Dave:)

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Looking at the pics, one would never guess you haven't been doing this for years!
Great job, Trent:icon_thum

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Trent, nice pieces. You sure got that hang of the darkside quickly.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
WOOD MOVES. After I finished the bowls last night, I took them upstairs into the house (about a 60 degree temperature change) and when I woke up this morning, the persimmon bowl had a small crack around the brim. :eek: I'm guessing it was the temperature change, as it had been stored around the outdoor temperature for a week or more. I might start storing them inside until it warms up a little. :eusa_thin

Thanks so much for the great feedback everyone. :notworthy: Scott and Wayne, it was very nice meeting you all this weekend and I look forward to meeting again in the future. :eek:ccasion1

nice looking bowls
turning sure beats shoveling doesn't it!
That's affirmative. :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS