Smoked Glass Source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Does anyone know of a good place around Charlotte to get some smoked glass for a TV stand I have been asked to make? I will need the glass cut to size and drilled for the overlay hinges.

Thanks!

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
ED try Rockhill Glass.There down on Hwy 5. Not sure if they will have it or not. There is also or used to be a plant in Rh. it was down on Cherry rd..I think it was PPG! Good Luck! If that don't help let me know I might have one more contact.

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
Is this a replacement glass for a piece you already have? If it's a new piece you are working on, you can use hinges that slip over the glass door at the top and bottom, therby eliminating the need to bore the glass for hinges. Boring glass is tricky and can be expensive. If the door is over a certain length, you might be better with the glass doors bored for three hinges (curio length).

nelsone

New User
Ed
Thanks Buddy. The only hinges I've seen like you describe are for inset doors and I need overlay hinges. Do you have a source for the slip on hinges for a full overlay door?

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
Ed,
You are right. The hinges I am thinking of are more for an inset application where they attach to a top and bottom rail or panel and fit on the top and bottom of the glass. Hinges can be a pita can't they.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors