Small projects for LOML

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
The frame is ambrosia maple and the pegs are paduk.
I made the pegs on the router table with a roundover bit.
Finish is Waterlox.
The other things are just some accessories she "designed and commissioned" :eusa_danc

pete

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
thats some pretty maple!:icon_thum and paduk goes good with most anything.:wwink: nice job!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very nice, your finish is outstanding...what the heck is it :icon_scra:icon_scra

Dave:)

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Very nice, your finish is outstanding...what the heck is it :icon_scra:icon_scra

I thoughts someone would ask that question . . . :dontknow:

Hint - It is and accessory for this:

pete

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
OH a tread thingy....:wsmile:

Pete nice job.....Almost looks too pretty to be a tool.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Oh, one of those things. :icon_scra
Pete did you make the loom you pictured?

No way :no:
I thought about making one for about a minute. Way to many parts.
Picked it up from Walnutjerry (actually Mrs. walnutjerry) a few months ago.
LOML is just starting out but she's loving it. Problem is I think she's getting YGD (Yarn Girl Disease!). She keeps saying "I just need this one more tool to make this really cool pattern" :BangHead: I just can't understand where she gets that from :icon_scra

pete

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Pete,

Does your wife have a room set aside just for yarn yet?

Yeah, it'll happen! Just wait.

Right now she has the loom in one room and the warp board and supplies in another plus she has taken over half of a closet. The good news is that while she's playing around with her stringy things I can be down in my shop doing really important work (man will I be in trouble if she sees this :slap: :wink_smil)

pete

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
That's a warp frame
Sorry Mike, that's not it. I make warped frames all the time, I know exactly what one looks like (hint: get four crooked pieces of wood. glue 'em together), and that ain't it! :rolf:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Beautiful work Pete, that finish looks smoother than a waxed baby's bottom. Great contrast in the wood too!

Weird looking lathe though.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Beautiful work Pete, that finish looks smoother than a waxed baby's bottom. Great contrast in the wood too!

Weird looking lathe though.

Thanks - I had a lathe once but got rid of it before I was taken over by the dark side. ( Jeremy bought it :wwink: )

pete

Nativespec

New User
David
No offense, but one of my happiest times with the ex-wife (second to her moving out) was when we finally got that loom out of the house.

David

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
When I read that it was a Warp Board, I looked at it really close... and more...

So help me, I couldn't see where it was "warped"! :rotflm::gar-La;:rotflm:

Looks nice even if it IS warped! :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS