Artisan Pirate

Artisan Pirate
Corporate Member
Slimline, Wood Turned Ink Pens
Now, I'm no expert Turner but, I think I did good on these pens. I am primarily a Scroll Saw Artist but, I do dabble on the lathe to mix things up. I 3d printed the pen stand and even laser engraved my name on one of them!
I turned the walnut pen on film if you wanna see it 👇🏻

https://youtu.be/rMnWFJPeD5A #ArtisanPirate

Attachments

• 346483962_6298224740236902_559411857953272084_n.jpg
    346483962_6298224740236902_559411857953272084_n.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 140

Vstrom

Don
Corporate Member
Was the pen on a roller or is it small enough to engrave laying flat? As a novice turner, I am looking at adding a laser to my collection. You have also encouraged me to dust off my scrollsaw.

Artisan Pirate

Artisan Pirate
Corporate Member
Was the pen on a roller or is it small enough to engrave laying flat? As a novice turner, I am looking at adding a laser to my collection. You have also encouraged me to dust off my scrollsaw.
I have pictures documenting the process on my instagram page but they are pretty far back. But, I basically took the whole mandrel off the lathe and taped it to the bed of my laser to keep it from rolling and framed out my name and gave it a go.

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member

I have a small NEJE laser with a jig that hold pen sections for laser engraving and spins then in sync with the laser head. It is a limited machine but typically does what I need without too much issue. So my recommendation is to find what machine you want and see if you can find someone who makes a jig for round objects to turn with the laser. There is probably someone out there who makes it or is willing too.

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
Not bad for the first try, I personally enjoy turning pens and other small objects. Lathes are just a different skill set in the woodworking realm just as scroll work, carving, etc are. It is fun to dabble in the different styles of work.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS