Simple dovetail box

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Made this to try my hand at dovetails. I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. The next one will be birdseye maple.

pete

Attachments

• IMGP0131.JPG
    IMGP0131.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 167
  • IMGP0135.JPG
    IMGP0135.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 179

chris99z71

New User
Chris
I think this is the part where Woodguy will throw in his pitch for his hand cut dovetail class coming up next weekend... :)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I think this is the part where Woodguy will throw in his pitch for his hand cut dovetail class coming up next weekend... :)

Well obviously Pete isn't in need of that class :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Great looking DTs

Dave:)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Pete,

That's a terrific job on the DTs. Nice balanced, tightly cut. I appreciate you sharing the photos... I'm gonna try a box with DT joinery. Thanks

Ray

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Thanks guys but just to set the record straight I said "Try my hand at dovetails" not "Hey, look at my hand cut dovetails" :roll:

I did cheat a bit. I was coming close with true hand cuts dt's but couldn't get my saw to stay quite as straight as I wanted so........... I says to myself "self. how can I get a straight cut?" Well I can cut straight on my scroll saw so I laid them out, cut 'em on the ol' DeWalt and finished up with a chisel.
Actually goes pretty quick. :eusa_danc :eusa_whis

pete

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Thanks guys but just to set the record straight I said "Try my hand at dovetails" not "Hey, look at my hand cut dovetails" :roll:

I did cheat a bit. I was coming close with true hand cuts dt's but couldn't get my saw to stay quite as straight as I wanted so........... I says to myself "self. how can I get a straight cut?" Well I can cut straight on my scroll saw so I laid them out, cut 'em on the ol' DeWalt and finished up with a chisel.

pete

IMO thats hand cut it's not like you put then in a dovetail jig and run the router over them:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Nice job:icon_thum

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Looking good to me, Pete. :icon_thum

I'll admit I make "hand-held" cut dovetails...with a router.:lol:

Chuck

Ray Martin

New User
Ray

pete

Pete,

I don't really care which tool you used, or whether it had a power cord... the box, and its dovetail joinery, came from your efforts and your talent. You did a beautiful job.

Ray

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
Beautiful dove tails. I have not tried them yet. Interesting use of the scroll saw though, I would not have thought of cutting them on that.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Great job friend. That is a great short cut for cutting the joint. That looks awesome, and I bet a dollar that the next ones will be even better. God bless friend

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
Very nice box, clean lines and good balance. I've used the scroll saw for dovetails, but has anyone cut dovetails with their tablesaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS