Side Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Here's my latest attempt:
2_tables.jpg

Walnut base, Maple top with curly redwood Gingko leaf inlay.
We have a Gingko tree in out yard and I traced a couple of the leaves for a pattern.

Leaf_1.jpg

Leaf_2.jpg

I put my new US made Nicholson Rasps to good use on the legs.
Leg_Detail.jpg

It was a fun project. I tried out a bunch of different inlay ideas before we picked the leaf so I'm getting a little better at free style inlays.

pete

lbtripp

New User
Lyell
Pete,

Excellent craftsmanship. I really like the design, the use of walnut & maple together and especially the inlay. Great work. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Lyell

T

toolferone

Pete, those came out great. They are nothing like the picture I put in my head after you told them about yesterday. The inlays are awesome.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Talking about raising the bar around here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those tables certainly will draw some very positive feedback, for sure.

I love the shape of the legs and the inlay is just icing on the cake,

Very well done. (Sure wish I had the nerve to try something like this. maybe sometime when I am feeling adventurous..............:embarrassed:)

Thanks so much for sharing the pics.

Great work.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Wayne

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Dang Pete, those are spectacular!!!!! :notworthy: Sure wish I'd taken the time to visit your shop when I was in Charlotte for The Woodworking Show. It would have been a much more productive visit. :wsmile:

Bill

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Thanks to everyone for the comments.

It really isn't a hard project to build and the inlays just take time and patience.

The hardest part was getting a design that both of us ( Me and LOML) could agree on! :wink:

pete

Shamrock

New User
Michael
I think you picked very nicely for the Ginko leaf inlay. (the best shape and the curly redwood is really nice)
The legs turned out nicely too, good shaping:icon_thum.

What finish did you use on everything?

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Nothing fancy on the finish
The top got a light coat of BLO followed by 5 coats of General Arm-R-Seal and a top coat of Myland's wax.
The walnut I used for the base was a little bland so I applied a little MinWax Special Walnut under 3 coats of Arm-R-Seal.

pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS