Side Mount Slide ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I am relatively new to using drawer slides on my projects.:embarrassed:

In preparation for building drawers for a dresser I chose to go with Accuride side mount slides (18"). (It is for my new grand daughter, so I thought that they would be strong, easy to slide the larger drawer in/out and easier to install.)

I have seen this type of slide mounted on side top, side middle and side bottom. The last time I used them on another project (change table), I just mounted the slides to the side bottom and it seems to work ok.

The question is pretty simple....

So. What location on the drawer side is best? :dontknow::icon_scra (No faceframe, if that is a factor.)

Thanks in advance.

Wayne

blazeman45

New User
Steve
I generally mount mine up 2" up from the bottom to the center line of the slide. As far as not having a face frame is no issue, you will simply mount the slide to the side wall. Remember to set it back approx 1/32" from the front to allow the drawer to close fully and make sure it is square with the front. Let us know how it goes for ya!!!! :thumbs_up

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I generally mount mine up 2" up from the bottom to the center line of the slide. As far as not having a face frame is no issue, you will simply mount the slide to the side wall. Remember to set it back approx 1/32" from the front to allow the drawer to close fully and make sure it is square with the front. Let us know how it goes for ya!!!! :thumbs_up

Thanks Steve!:icon_thum

I can see how mounting a couple of inches up from the bottom will be an advantage in providing some finger/hand room for fastening the inside cabinet slide.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS