Short but wide Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
One more post :gar-La; I just got some real nice cherry logs. The only thing is they are short. Like 4.5' and 5' long, However they are fat logs. right at 24"D if anybodys looking for some I have about 220BF. Selling for $19.95 BF:gar-La;. How does $1.85BF fresh off the log sound??

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
OK I have no idea how many BF are in a 5ft L X 2ft dia log, :dontknow:Soooooooo if you will tell me how much you want for a log??????? :dontknow: how far are you from Asheville ? If the price is right I may get two logs if you still got em :gar-Bi

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Hey Boxmaker, there is 220BF in the 2 logs according to my log scale. I almost always get more than they scale out to be. I'm about 20 miles south of Charlotte NC. I myself can't see it being worth your trouble. But I surely do thank you. Let me get some pix of them today and I'll post them for you all to see. Nice logs but short.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hey Randy, I may be interested in about 20~30 bf. Are you going to slab it at 5/4? Any chance on slabbing the center around the pith at 8/4? I'll have to see is some cash I'm expecting comes in.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Randy,
4'-5' lumber is fine for us guys that build furniture. Rarely do we need 8" or 10' lumber, it just gets cut into shorter lengths anyway. If I were closer, I may come get some of the cherry. Let us know if it happens to saw out any figured wood, you never know 'till you saw it sometimes. May be worth a trip to Charlotte for some fiddleback or quilted cherry. I'm "studying" and accumulating wood to build a cherry dresser/changing table for upcoming grandbaby #5, I've got until next May. :icon_thum

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Hey Randy, I may be interested in about 20~30 bf. Are you going to slab it at 5/4? Any chance on slabbing the center around the pith at 8/4? I'll have to see is some cash I'm expecting comes in.

Hey Nelson, it's raining here right now but as soon as it stops I'll go take and post some pix. I'm sure I can get what your looking for. These are exceptionally nice logs as far as I can tell. PIX coming ASAP. Thanks all.

Zi6_0579.jpg

Zi6_0580.jpg

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hey Randy, those are some nice looking logs! I really want to get some of that lumber, but my lumber money is going to my dentist for a crown.:tinysmile_cry_t:

I'll check back with you when my wood fund rebuilds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS