Short and fat bookcase WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Well I got my wife a gift card for the christian book store there in Raleigh on capital. She bought books, now I need to build a bookcase :roll: Anyways I managed to work some of that QSRO cull that nobody wanted from the last KD lumber run.

Despite the fact I've been doing a lot of trim, painting, fixing stuff on the house and have not done any real wood working in a long time. I managed to get some panels glued up and the top for the book case roughed out. Believe it or not my shop was clean two weeks ago, the floor was even swept. I could not stand it being clean, so I messed it up real good, now I'm happy :).

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Jeff my Man sounds like a true wood worker. Just cant stand to have a clean shop. lol.
eLst's see some of the work in progress pics lil brother

J

jeff...

Ok you picture hounds... not much to show other than a 4' x 12" glueup, routed 3/8" roundover, 1/4 x 3/8 datos and a messy shop :)

P10100632.JPG

P10100641.JPG

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Jeff! You have tools?? Not covered by stuff? Never seen that before :rolf:

J

jeff...

Jeff! You have tools?? Not covered by stuff? Never seen that before :rolf:

I know... simply amazing, isn't it?

I don't know about you but what's more amazing than my tools not covered by stuff is this little 3" wide board that has 28 growth rings. Now that's putting on girth in a hurry ain't it :eek:? Lumber simply amazes me - but then again simple minds are easily amused.

P10100692.JPG

Thanks

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
:icon_thumOnly a true connoisseur of wood, or an professional sawyer as yourself would have counted those rings.

J

jeff...

Managed to get a little more roughing done tonight. More pictures for you picture hounds. The face board has a few termite holes which will be corrected when I sand and finish it.

BTW that's on scary picture of Bas :gar-La;

P10100693.JPG

P10100733.JPG

P10100743.JPG

P10100762.JPG

P10100752.JPG

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
The face board has a few termite holes which will be corrected when I sand and finish it.

P10100762.JPG

Hi Jeff,

I have some wee holes like those in a couple of the aprons on the endtable I am working on. I am ready for finish.

What is your plan for hiding them during finish?

(You are really making some great progress there!!!!!!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thanks,

Wayne

J

jeff...

Hi Jeff,

I have some wee holes like those in a couple of the aprons on the endtable I am working on. I am ready for finish.

What is your plan for hiding them during finish?

(You are really making some great progress there!!!!!!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne a little dab of golden oak wood putty will work well for RO - I might just leave em alone too.

027426136113md.jpg

J

jeff...

Got to working a little more on this bookcase tonight. It's starting to tick me off... Had everything fitting nice a snug, then this freaky weather did a number on my panels - Talking about BOW-FLEX geeze... I'm having to straighten them out with a few lengths of wood and C-Clamps just to them to seat into the grooves. I suppose everything will line up when I finally glue it together, at least dowels still work good :)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Man, from sawyer to furniture builder. You are multi talented:thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS