Shop expansion - The process begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truefire

New User
Chris
Wow, hooray for you, all kinds of treats in-store for you now my man. Glad to hear some persons are able to make advancements in the doldrums of this era. That is good news! Keep bringing the good news, i can certainly use the good news as we all can. So keep us informed of the progress and if you run into a snag, please by all means share it with us. May be just the ticket we need to prevent doing likewise, after all aren't we all in this thing together..

Thanks,Chris

oh by the way, we should change the name of this forum to something along the lines of "NC woodworker shops", i have noticed when someone is building, referencing, or otherwise talking about a shop...boy oh boy, do we NCWoods read and respond to every one... I have seen multiple responses on all shop related projects whereas the woodworking projects not so much so.

It appears that we might like shops more than woodworking perhaps...nighhhh!:crossedlips:

Truefire

New User
Chris
Steve if you don't mind me asking where in the world in North Carolina are you located? All the red clay, it looks like Georgia not NC. I'm assuming south of Mt. Airy and west of Raleigh.

Just curious?

Thanks, nice addition by the way.

Chris

Here are two pics of the interior. The ceiling is up, one set of doors is installed (2 doors 4' by 8', Pennie and I were too tired to take pics of them Sunday night). We will build and hang the two 6' X 8' doors this coming weekend.

IMG-20120112-00055_1_2_.jpg

IMG-20120112-00056_1_2_.jpg

bwat

New User
Bill
Looks great Steve!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum I know you are excited about getting this completely enclosed and moving on to electrical. Don't work Pennie too hard!:gar-Bi

shaf2376

New User
Jeff
Steve Thanks for the tour Saturday and Thank Pennie as well. I had been watching the progress but to see it in person is awesome. Heck your shop is bigger than my house:gar-Cr and as a matter of fact it is bigger than my house and my shop!:gar-Cr:gar-Cr I am not sure if I should have shop envy, tool envy or wood envy after visiting. Any how congrats and I look forward to seeing the completed project.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Steve the shop looks awesome! :icon_thum If I can ask a question without being too nosy...How much does a shop like that cost (ballpark of course)?

I'm trying to come up with enough $$ to build a 12x16 expansion on to my shop. :icon_scra

Some answers to your questions:

Mount Ulla, where I live, is between Salisbury and Mooresville, about 40 miles north of Charlotte as the crow flies. When we moved here in 1979 all of our neighbors were dairy farmers. All of the cows are gone now. There are a few beef cows around but nothing like it was.

As for the price I don't know yet and on the off chance that my wife may read this I wouldn't say if I did know.:rotflm:

As for what I would do different, I would't build again in the rainy/cold season. Really, it has worked out OK because my business slows down after Christmas so this is the best time to be doing my part. I had my contractor dry it in (roof, exterior walls and windows) and put up the ceiling (though I helped do half of the ceiling due to a manpower shortage that day). I will wire it, insulate it, build and install the doors and put up the interior plywood walls.

Steve

bwat

New User
Bill
"As for the price I don't know yet and on the off chance that my wife may read this I wouldn't say if I did know.:rotflm:"
Smart man, good answer!:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors