Shaker Sewing Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
WOW ! At first I thought it would be a cabinet for a machine, but boy was I wrong. Nice job Joe, I really like the contrasts of the wood.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Cool looking table, nice joinery.
( but I'm not sure if the Shakers would approve of your choice of wood :wrolleyes:)
Are the legs dovetailed into the spindle?
Is there a drawer in the base?

pete

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
That is a beautiful table, Joe. A fine example of true craftsmanship.:icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Wow Joe!!!!

Is there a joinery technique that you didn't incorporate into that piece?:dontknow: And a wee bit of turning too???:gar-Bi

That is sure a nice table ......... hope you plan on keeping this one for yourselves.:wsmile: That maple sure has some nice figure, especially noticeable in the graceful legs.

You done real good, Joe!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Very nice! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

How about some details, give us some of those thousand words- construction techniques, hand or machine cut dovetails, etc.

By the way, have you found a place to retire and move to in E. NC?

nelsone

New User
Ed
Joe, you are the first that I've seen combine the woods on that style table! It really looks great! Definitely highlights the DTs. How are the legs attached?

skeeter

New User
Charles
Now that is an awesome table, not quite what a expected when I read the thread heading. I like the design and I'm a big fan of contrasting woods. The maple grain is beautiful, but so is the complete table. Great job.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Thanks folks..My wife picked up a PWW book (1986) from the free table at the last picnic and said she wanted one of those. I told her to bring the book home. After some bookcases and cabinets I started on this. The dovetails are machine cut including the sliding DTs for the legs. The drawer slides out from either side and the knobs will go on after I get the finish done.

Alan, I'll start looking again after labor day!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Joe, whatever you do . . . don't enter that in the Calendar Contest :wconfused:
We may not have a category for that level of art and craftsman.

Arresting piece of work :icon_thum
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS