Several Firsts In This Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggE98

New User
Eric
My Captain at the fire station, along with his son, participate in a group that perform Civil War reenactments. He asked me to build them a trunk they can use to carry their field items in. His only specifics were the size, some kind of label representing his group/unit, and a "natural" look. This is what I came up with. I experienced several firsts: dovetails, woodburning, and replica hardware. Gotta say other than some minor imperfections (character) I'm very pleased. So, here are some "gloat" pictures of my firsts. Thanks for looking.

The dovetails were a very satisfying experience.
DSC05326.JPG

I did the woodburning freehand. Very stressful.
DSC05322.JPG

DSC053251.JPG

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Very nice looking trunk and a great job on the dovetails and woodburning.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Looks great! I bet they will receive many compliments. You might have many more requests for trunks!

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Nice trunk. Wow, that brings back some memories, I was in the 6th NC doing the same thing 25 years ago!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Sure looks authentic!!!

The hardware that you selected couple with the fine dovetailing really puts it over the top!!!:icon_chee

I see plenty more requests in your future.

Great work!:eusa_danc

Wayne

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Nice job all around. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap Did you keep patterns...you probably will need them for the orders that will be coming from others in their group.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Great job Eric:icon_thum I believe that you will be getting more orders so you better brush up on that wood burning

sawduster

New User
Robert
That is outstanding work !! :eusa_clap :icon_thum :eusa_clap :icon_thum :eusa_clap :icon_thum
I can relate to the stress of the free-hand burning :BangHead:

If you're not careful you will get orders from other re-enactment groups for those :mrgreen:

Nice job ! :notworthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors