Segmented Turning Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Kevin,

I have put you on the schedule for the Feb 22nd workshop, if that works for you.

If not, please let me know.

Charlie

Rick M

New User
Rick
Wow, what an amazing day and my head is reeling with all the knowledge Charlie put there. Someone mentioned the club has video equipment, if Charlie is willing his class would be a great resource to preserve for the club.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Rick, Thanks for the great comments. This was my first "workshop presentation" and I thought it went quite well.
I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the others that are scheduled on the 15th and 22nd.
Thanks to everyone that attended. It's always great seeing some old friends and making some new ones.

medicfirefighter2005

New User
medicfirefighter2005
I also had great time and learned a lot. Thanks again for a great workshop. If you are out this way let me know and you can stop by and see my pile of dust.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
John, I will take you up on that offer sometime. Let me know whenever you are over this way and we will get together.

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
+1 for an awesome day. Charlie shared his years of experience, tricks and techniques, so you don't have to start at the bottom of the learning curve. Everything from start of design to finishing, and of course a tour of his workshop and a look at all of his turnings. Thanks Charlie!

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Is there any room left on the 22nd? If so, I'd love to be a "fill in". I've done a little turning, but nothing this extravagant.
Michael

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Charlie---your presentation was extremely well done. Thanks a bunch for hosting the workshop and sharing all the information. Your shop is something to be admired----cleanest shop I have ever been in, and organized beyond belief--------not to mention the layout, dust collection, and controlled environment. For those yet to do the workshop-----rest assured you are in for a treat.

Jerry

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Rich and Jerry,

Thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed doing the workshop and of course I always enjoy showing off the shop.
I even got to meet Rich's wife and daughter.

Thanks again to everyone.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I know you guys *say* that there was a workshop, but without pictures, I can only assume that this is some kind of elaborate hoax. :rolleyes:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wow, what an amazing day and my head is reeling with all the knowledge Charlie put there. Someone mentioned the club has video equipment, if Charlie is willing his class would be a great resource to preserve for the club.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

The video equipment is in a box in my shop. I'll see if I can figure out how it works and if Charlie doesn't mind I'll try to make it to the 15th session and record at least part of the session.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Ken,

I won't promise that the camera won't malfunction, but you are welcome to come on over.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
W"hat an amazing day today in Charlie's shop. Beautiful shop, terrific layout, incredibly clean. C"harlie, you are an amazing craftsman, or should I say "artist"! Your work is beautiful and your hospitality commendable. Thanks for sharing your shop and time along with all your techniques. I'll have to make notes to go with all the pictures I took today. Thank you so much!
Michael

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Michael,

Thank you! I enjoyed giving the workshop and it is great when people are really interested and ask questions.
Hands on experience would be better but is time consuming. But, this type of workshop is much better than reading it from a book.
Don't forget, my shop is always open to visitors.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I really enjoyed the workshop as a refresher course. I knew there where a bunch of things I didn't understand or missed the first time around.

Thanks much for the time and the hospitality Charlie.

I have 3 separate videos of the session now. I just need to find a way to edit them into something coherent and take out the pauses, etc.

One was taken with the NCWW video camera, a Sony, and the other two with my cheap Kodak (at 720P) which produces .MOV files. Not sure yet what the Sony produces. We filled up it's memory with the first part (need to check into expanding that.)

Will work on getting this put together.

ck1999

Chris
User
It was amazing how he was able to take the turning and show the simplicity in how to make it yet the amount of time in design and layout is unreal. He also showed us the simple jigs and ways he has learned to produce this "art" as well as the what not to does.

Thanks Charlie for taking the time for this workshop.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS