Segmented pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
:slap: Dave got me thinking with this post :eusa_thin So I made this. It is paduak, maple and gaboon ebony

DSC00539.JPG

DSC00538.JPG

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nick, you need to go back to work, you are way too productive in the shop. It's taken me 3 days to get to a glued up segmented blank. I just finished gluing them, and was proud of my accomplishments untilI logged on and this was the first thread :BangHead: :BangHead:

Great looking pen, what magic did you use to get glue to stick to the Ebony???

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is enuff!!! I need to get me a lathe! Just when I told the LOML that I was finished with major workshop tool purchases.. with the new TS.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Awesome pen Nick!!!

I guess I will have to cave-in, in the New Year and try turning!!! Watching all of you guys (from a distance) has just given me soooo much inspiration that I will need to to just try it out!

Nick, Eagle, DaveO, Clowman and all the rest of you guys and gals are to blame!!!!

Great work Nick! Consider me hooked and don't even have the equipment yet!!!!

Thanks for the inspiration, Nick!

Wonderful looking pen!!!!

Wayne

cskipper

Cathy
Wayne, you came down with a serious case of WG's disease a long time ago, complete with the denial! Done with major tool purchases - hah!! :lol:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I am afraid to say that ........ you got that right Cathy!!!

First it was you with that awesome scroll work and now Nick, DaveO, Eagle, Clowman etc. with the pens and turning!! Will it ever end? (Says the LOML?)

Never-ending! ( A good thing!)

Wayne

MarkW

New User
Mark
Very nice work! The finish looks great and I really like the design. I've got to try that technique, it turns out some very distinctive pens.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Thanks all for the kind words.:icon_thum

Clay the Ebony came from NC WOOD in the form of knife scales I glued 2 together.
Dave and Mike I roughed up the ebony with my dermal tool and used thick CA with no problem so far:eusa_pray

sapwood

New User
Roger
Awesome as usual Nick :icon_thum

Wayne, it may be time for an intervention or perhaps an intravenous injection :lol::lol:

The pen folk are inspiring . . . but I will stick to buying pens from them rather than starting down another slope :roll:

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors