Scrap Wood Lathe Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
I finally got the Jet Mini off the sawhorses.

The frame is Cherry salvaged from cracked/split boards, the end panels and drawer frames are ply from apple juice shippimg crates. The top is a piece of a dumpster solid core door, covered with Oak flooring scraps from a local dealers trash pile. The drawer fronts are scrap pieces of Melamine left over from a kitchen cabinet build.

I'll have the turning tools in the top drawer, finishing supplies in the middle and chucks, drives, etc. at the bottom.

lathe%20stand.JPG

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Thanks guys.

Nope, I don't drink that much AJ :gar-La; , a fellow around here occassionally has 42 by 47" pieces of ply from shipping crates for $3 each, it has printing on it and scuff marks but it's usable for shop projects.

You'll notice the top is offset, I'll be adding a fold down table on the right side for the lathe extension, one of these days.

Again thanks for the comments.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Ken, you get better results with scrap, than I do with whole pieces of lumber. :cry_smile :rolleyes:

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
I like to do that too, make scraps be something nice that is...that's a cool cabinet!!! I really like it!!:thumbs_up

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Ken really nice piece of furniture, I caint do that good with first quality stuff. Mine allways looks loke dollar store furnature gone way wrong. Thanks Mark

Truefire

New User
Chris
Pretty cool, everything all in one place and you can have some organization going on now.. very conservative approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS