Salt and Pepper mill

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
A friend commissioned me to make a salt and pepper mill for them. Since I have never made one of them before, I decided I had better do some research. After some time spent on this site and the internet, I dedided to order the salt and peppermill workings from Chef Specialities.
https://www.chefspecialties.com/

The 8" pepper mechanism cost $11.50 but I noticed they had a Father's Day special Pepper mill do-it-yourself starter kit for $8.00 (this is still on sale so check it out). It looked like the same pepper mill mechanism as the $11.50 one so guess which one I purchased?? :icon_scra

Once I got everything glued up and turned, this is the result.

Sal_and_Pepper_mill.jpg

I had some wood left over so I made a matching spice bowl.

nelsone

New User
Ed
You did a fine job on those! I like the glue up you did and the turning really came out nicely! I'm sure the friend will appreciate them.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
WOW! Bob you did a great job for you first S&P mill - love the colors - I am guessing Walnut but don't have a guess for the other

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Those look awesome. The different patterns in the glue up will help identify which is salt and which is pepper. The bowl is a sweet addition too :icon_thum
What did you finish with, the finish looks great?
Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Bob, those look great. As Dave said, the bowl is a nice edition too.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Engineered wood but you got to love it. Great idea. One to make me a set?

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
NICE job Bob! Walnut and maple? :eusa_thin I really enjoyed your work on display at the picnic yesterday too.:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS