Russian Birch Plywood 18mm - $3 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
What is "Russian Birch Plywood" and is it any good? That is one heck of a price!

010100010202010302200706111c3213d6f46be8f6a800ce14.jpg

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
How many plys? What size sheets? Where are they?
(that pic doesn't look like your garage :lol:)

pete

M

McRabbet

In the for-what-its-worth department, Catawba Hardwoods (Hickory & Marion) carries Russian Baltic Birch in 5' x 5' sheets -- 1/4" is $11; 1/2" is $18 and 3/4" is $26. Actual thickness are 6 mm, 12 mm and 18 mm. I've used all three sizes and have only seen one very small void in some of the 12 mm. The sheets I've bought (straight off the stack) were all clear on one side and max of two well matched patches on the reverse side.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Well, I went an picked up a fair amount of this plywood today. It's really nice quality birch plywood with 13 plys in the 3/4". Most averaged 16" - 21" in width, all 60" long. Though probably better as a paint grade for most, an extremely nice plywood for only $3 each. :icon_thum

They have a ton of this stuff. It is used in their production outfit and these are the "scraps" that are too small for the part they make with a CNC router system.

This stuff would be GREAT for cabinetry that is going to be veneered, or painted.

The lady who works there, Heather, was very nice and said that they often have these extra piece and they are always for sale at this price. :eusa_thin

M

McRabbet

Sounds like great material for making shop cabinets, shelves, fixtures and jigs. I use 12 mm Baltic Birch for drawer sides and 6 mm for bottoms.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Here ya go...

Russian Birch Plywood 18mm - $3

Reply to: sale-349809839@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-06-11, 3:07PM EDT

We have Russian Birch Plywood pieces in 18mm thickness (roughly 3/4"), 13 ply. Great for making shelves, furniture, crafts, etc. Grade BB/BB quality facings. We have pallets full of this material and are letting it go for pennies of what we paid for it. Your cost will be $3.00 EACH PIECE-

Panel sizes range from 15.5" x 60" x 18mm up to 19.75" x 60" x 18mm.

ALL PIECES ARE THE SAME PRICE, REGARDLESS OF SIZE. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE.
Minimum Sale must be $50 (17 pieces) or greater, we are a manufacturing company and do not have the resources for smaller volume sales.
We will help load this with forktrucks but you must be able to pick up during 8-4 business hours, M-F. We Cannot deliver. Cash or Money Orders only.
Located off Pressley Road in South Charlotte (S Tryon & Woodlawn).
Please call for more information if interested - 704-525-1749 - ask for Heather. Appointments only.

Is anyone interested in splitting the minimium buy? I don't have enough space to store that much ply. Just shoot me a PM or an email.

Thanks!

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
CWA did a group buy on that stuff a few years ago. it is great plywood!

I'm pretty sure you got it from the same place. She was telling me that a local woodworkers group had purchased a lot in the past.

It is nice stuff and will be great for the jigs and other stuff (bookcases & shop cabinets come to mind!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS