Rocker Progress and Major GLOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I have just applied what I hope is the last coat of finish to my rocking chair project. The wood is genuine mahogany and it really soaks up the finish. What you see here is the fifth coat of wiped on Waterlox Original. After it has had enough time to cure, four or five days, it will get rubbed out with 0000 steel wool and waxed to a satin sheen. Many thanks to Woodguy for all his support after the class I took with him.

Now for the GLOAT for any of you that are British car fans. I tried keeping my mind onwoodworking and away from old cars, but I just couldn,t stand it any longer. Had my eye on one of these beauties for a long time and this past weekend a truck pulled up and dropped this off. 1971 Jaguar XKE Series II 6 cylinder, restored and ready to ride. In the past I would have restored it myself, but I finally wised up and let someone do all the dirty work and, best of all, take the loss. It is not quite as I would have done it, but about 95 percent

Attachments

• 71 XKE 002.jpg
    71 XKE 002.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 197
  • 71 XKE 003.jpg
    71 XKE 003.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 191

MikeH

New User
Mike
Dino the rocker looks great and the is ok too. :rolf: Congrats!!!! :eusa_danc :eusa_clap :eusa_danc

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
You really do suck....the chair is beautiful and so is the car. I always wanted an E Jag, which is the car I think of when "sports car" is mentioned.

Rocker

New User
John
Dino,
Your chair is beautiful and it is easy to see from both your chair your sports car that you have an eye for the beauty of curves, I hope you drive that little gem to the next picnic.
Regards,
John

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Yup - That's a double major gloat!!!!!

The rocker looks real good and will look even better when you get it rubbed out.

The Jag - Classic! The E-Types are very cool but a bit delicate. In a previous lifetime I had an XK120 fixed head coupe that I was trying to restore. It turned out to be beyond my skill level and my bank account so I had to let it go.

Sign me up for a test drive next time I get out to the beach :eusa_danc

pete

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dino, the rocker is a major gloat . . . beautiful :icon_thum
The Jag is super gloat :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum
Like others, I've always considered the E-Jag style one of THE classic sports car designs. . . though reportedly finicky to maintain. Guess it's like a beautiful woman :lol:

Roger

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Wow!!! and WOWWWW!!!!

You Suck big time. :lol: :lol:

Beautiful rocker and the car is incredible. You have good taste, Dino.

Chuck

M

McRabbet

You must be selling lots of crab cakes! Congratulations on the completion of your rocker and the new E-Type -- I'm jealous!! And that Jag deserves a SUPER YOU SUCK! But it needs to be painted BRG (British Racing Green)!

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
Dang, not only did you do great work on the rocker, you got a sweet car delivered to your door!

tv

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Now wihat are you going to do - sit on the porch and rock or cruise the beach?

Great looking rocker. Even better looking car.
Jim in Mayberry

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
Dino:
I was fortunate enough to spend 8 years in England thanks to the Air Force, That Jag is exquisite, I had the good fortune to see many on the road as well as in museums, other than an Austin Healey bugeye sprite I can’t think of a car I’d rather own...
Enjoy and cherish her
And the rocker is nice too… :icon_thum
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS