RIP Reggie Medlin

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I remember Reggie from him being involved when NCWW had a booth/workshop at the Stanly County Agri Civic Center a few times before the pandemic. Sorry to hear of his passing, but none of us are put here to stay.....

EricS

Eric
Senior User
I met Reggie in 2011 when searching for some cypress on NCWW. We had great conversations after meeting. One very kind person.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Several years ago Reggie gave me his father's tool box to keep, refurbish, and preserve.
I'm ashamed to say I put it in my shop and it got covered up with other projects.
I just dug it out and over the next few months I hope to clean it up and add some tools to fill out the set.

More on that later...

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
i haven't commented yet as i'm not really sure what to say.

i knew Reggie prior to NCWW i married into his extended family, he was always kind to me. i'll never forget him telling my future FIL to give me some slack the first time i met that side of the family. now i wasn't too uncomfortable with the grief i was getting, but Reggie didn't know me from adam at the time. he just saw a young buck going through a completely unnecessary ritual and stepped in.

i got to know Reggie more through NCWW back when was 'Jackleg' and we became friends.

later facebook came along and i met a completely different side of Reggie, but since we'd forged a friendship on NCWW we were able to have some great conversations that likely wouldn't have been possible without the foundation the NCWW forum laid for our friendship.

while Reggie and i disagreed on some matters we both agreed that woodworking is a great hobby, the US is the greatest country in the world, love of the panthers is maddening and that faith, family and friendship matter the most in life.

i'm confident i'll see him again, he'll be sorely missed by many.

Several years ago Reggie gave me his father's tool box to keep, refurbish, and preserve.
I'm ashamed to say I put it in my shop and it got covered up with other projects.
I just dug it out and over the next few months I hope to clean it up and add some tools to fill out the set.

More on that later...
should you decide that is a project you don't want to take on, i'd be honored to take it up and get it to someone in his family or my son if he were to want it down the line. i have tools from his my maternal grand father and his mothers maternal grand father to pass to him, but nothing yet form his mom's paternal grandfather side of the family.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors