RIP Don Paterson (Touchwood)

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Don's widow, Linda, informed me that Don passed away this morning around 9:30. Don was a longtime member here and, at least to me, was a master-craftsman. But foremost he was a gentleman and a family man. He was surrounded by family when he died. He led a full and fascinating life. I hope to post some pictures of his work.

It is his shop that I have been tasked with selling off, as shown in the following thread:

I will make additional threads for new items so they don't get lost. I will also be selling off the wood. I have to inventory and price the lumber first.

I will probably arrange an open house in about two weeks. There is a lot of stuff. Thanks to all that have responded.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Here is a picture of a clock Don made. I think it is a good representation of his craftsmanship.

1683041994800.png

Last edited:

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
My sincere condolences to Don's family and friends -- I met Don back when I was deeply involved in making and selling a dust collector bin sensor (Don was involved in the design of the circuit board I used) and I visited him and his shop. He indeed was a very accomplished woodworker and he will be missed. Kudos to Doug for all he is doing to help Don's wife Linda with selling his shop tools.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Another Carpenter has joined with the Master Carpenter! Condolences to the family.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
If there's a wood shop in heaven I'm sure he's smiling from ear to ear. Till we meet again my friend.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Words can't truly express. RIP Don. Prayers for all his family and friends.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
While I do not think I ever met Don in person, I know him from his postings on this site; he was a craftsman and was willing to offer his insights if he felt he could contribute to the discussion. My condolences to his family. Doug, you have been an outstanding friend to Don and a strong source of support for the family; thank you!

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dons presence will be missed on this site. Please express my deepest sympathies to his family.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
My deepest sympathy to his family and friends. Thanks for sharing Doug, and thanks too for helping a friend, his family and a beloved member of this community.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks for all you do Doug! My condolences to Don's Family. Always enjoyed Touch woods posts and the displays of his many talents. He will be missed.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Sorry to see this Doug. I'll always remember and appreciate the time Don took to pass on some of his woodworking knowledge to me. His rocking chairs showed such incredible workmanship and the furniture he built for his house was beautiful.

RIP Don

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS