Rigid Spindle sander?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
One of the magazines did a review on spindle sanders sometime in the past year. The Rigid was rated the "Best Overall".

ehpoole

Ethan
Dwayne (I assume it is "Dwayne" and not "Dwanye" ;)),

You will find that there are quite a few of us who own the Rigid OSS. It is quite handy when sanding straight and/or contoured edges. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask any of us and we will be more than happy to answer them.

Volksdad

New User
Glen
FWW did the review, although I believe it ranks first overall for several reviews.

I've had my eye on one for a few years as well. As soon as I finish organizing and purging... It's on my birthday list!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Excellent tool, and excellent value for money.

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
It is a great tool for someone like me that is not very good with bandsaw or jigsaw. Cut close to line then finish with this sander. Makes a wood butcher like me seem to be a craftsman. It is a must have tool.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Every now and then Tools direct will have refurbished ones. Unfortunately the one at Tanger in Mebane closed. The only ones I am familiar with are at Myrtle Beach. When available they are $149 and you can find a weekend with 30% off if you are lucky.

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
Fine Woodworking magazine rated it a top tool more than once. I have the Porter Cable hand-held oscillating sander that I mounted to a plate and dropped it into my router table. The Ridgid is nice as it has its own table and can be stored easily. It would be in my shop if I had not rigged up my hand held.

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've had mine for 5-6 years now. No problems, works great.

Scott Kuykendall

New User
Scott
Had mine for over eight years and love it, it gets the most use of any sander in the shop. Wouldn't think twice of buying it again.
Scott

Ralrick

New User
Rick
I bought mine reconditioned from CPO a few years ago. They were $169 and $8 shipping (no tax). Since others online had a published price of $149, CPO was willing to match it. I think it is a great tool for $149 or $199.

Anyone have a good source for replacement belts and spindle sleeves?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I bought mine reconditioned from CPO a few years ago. They were $169 and $8 shipping (no tax). Since others online had a published price of $149, CPO was willing to match it. I think it is a great tool for $149 or $199.

Anyone have a good source for replacement belts and spindle sleeves?

I was going to suggest checking out CPO, they often have sales on a complete line or storewide and often have refurbished equipment.

Have you tried Klingspor to see if they have the belts and sleeves? If they do, they would likely be one of the best places to source them.

fishmandm

New User
Dwanye
Thanks for all the feedback, I went last night and picked one up. now I need to come up with a project to try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors