Reviews?? T10010 10" Wet Grinder Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I don't have one, but it's been in several magazine reviews this past year. It isn't as good as the Tormek, but it's the "top value" tool. And it's compatible with the Tormek jigs.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
This item has been brought up a couple times in the past few months ... might be worth searching for those threads. Maybe someone in them actually bought it and could give some feedback.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I have the harbor freight version of it and I like it very much. I have sharpened my gouges and skews on it as well as my Chip carving knives. I have done it all with out the jigs but I am sure it would be much easier with the jig.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
This item has been brought up a couple times in the past few months ... might be worth searching for those threads. Maybe someone in them actually bought it and could give some feedback.

Jeremy: I did see the thread you mentioned, but no really conclusive answers in it. Also it is closed so I couoldn't bump it up.

Besides I have to get my thread count up somehow!!!:gar-La;:gar-La;

Bas: Do you think I could come over and try out your WS3000? That is the other system I was thinking about. Unless I can steal a Tormek like I stole my Oneway chuck set.:gar-Bi Anyone??? Anyone???

Woodchuck

New User
Chuck
I've used both the Tormek and Jet wet grinders but don't know about this one. Looks like they eat you up on the cost of the accessories.

Chuck

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Gary for sharpening turning chisels all you really need is a 8" grinder and the Oneway Wolverine jig with the vari-grind accessory. That will take care of all your gouges and scrapers. On those tools you only need an edge as fine as will come off a grinder with a 120 grit wheel. Any finer of an edge will dull the moment you put it to the spinning wood. A skew chisel will benefit from a finer edge, but you can sharpen that like you would any other flat woodworking blade on wetstones, diamond stones, or scary-sharp.

MTCW,
Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors